SPace chords

GCityVet

Blue Stars also used them in 2000...Caption Head marched BD. For me it isn't so much the act of playing a space chord...but the resolution that follows it. Goodsebumps.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing how in tune a chord is after playing a space chord, as if your ears are desparate to be in tune after all that dischord.

We (Spirit) did it in '77. But in honor of a recent, popular film that season, we always called it "The Light Saber".

I don't remember if it was due to a visit from Jim Ott, or that it was already going around the activity.

Edited by Jim Clark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Teal Sound did one for warmups at the NC show. We held up a tuner in front of the arc. Then when we hit the dischord I've never seen a needle jump so much. The spooky thing was, when we resolved to an F-major triad... The needle instantly jumped to DEAD CENTER and stuck there. I nearly wet my pants. :unsure:

The best hornline I've ever played with. Think the B-flat horns had something to do with it? lol *drool*

I have a recording of our space chords before our 84 finals performance. Tons of power on display from that horn line.

I have that file (THANK you for sending it!)...nothing quite like a LOUD cluster #### of a chord that resolves into a major chird, followed by the Close Encounters bit!

GOD, what a line I was a part of!!

Vk 84 just before re-entry (please dont ask what that is)

So Cal dream warm ups assending and desending thru the arc

Rear-entry?? :huh: ^0^ :unsure:

Actually, I don't think the space chord before the company front in 84 was as dissonant as it could've been...

The Renegades did a lot of space chords in warm-ups this year, which was fun watching the non blue devil alumni try to figure out what all the hand signs were ^0^

I was lucking enough to be apart of the 84 devils line Rob was talking about, and playing space chords in that hornline was nothing short of thrilling.

As far as in a show, it was great to see Devils put in the space chord in the show this past year...very kewl!

Kimela

Heh...still happens, Kim. Jesus Soliz of Dream is an 88 BD alum, and he knows the signals. I remembered them, but the guys who came from other corps had a hard time! At least we spare Soos the whines of ($1 to Beth Geick) "Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!"