What types of music do rudimental drummers like?

FlamDragHero

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition, I definitely have to agree that there is an inordinate amount of crap out there today. I also have to agree about Vince Guiraldi. And also funk. How could I not have mentioned that? Anything with a feel that makes you move is good stuff. (I.E. Joshua Redman, Brian Blade. CHECK 'EM OUT!!) :)

uh ...rudimental music .... duh......j.k

Metal, Rock, a lil bit of Rap..jazz, blues. a bit of Emo ...DMB, Incubus..Tenacious D, Liquid Tension...the list goes on ...

I'm mostly a jazz guy having played in various jazz groups since aging out ot corps so I like most anything with Tony Williams, Roy Haynes, Buddy Rich, Peter Erskine, etc. in fact not too many guys I haven't been able to appreciate. I'm alittle surprised at not having seen a mention of Steve Gadd in this thread so far. A drum corps guy who made good and still applies rudiments to his set drumming. Fans of Blue Devils ought to listen to Steve's drumming on "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor" for a real treat.

every rudiment is my faverote... i love drums and they are fun. if you play somthing and don't think its fun you arent a real drummer to have enough passion for your craft to take the time nad learn more of the easiest and the hardest and to have fun while doing it...