SCV 2003

JoeW

after seeing SCV's performance this year it left me thinking why they had so few snares compared to most other corps. im not a percussionist so ireally dont have a clue. wouldnt they be quieter and judge lower?

thanks for any help!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they were right in line with everyone else. They had 8 when I saw them in July, and I think it was down to 7 by Finals, but that's still not an outrageously small number. It's not <cough - Star '90 - cough> like they were marching 5... :)

ya, she had to bail due to hip problems. i heard she did physical therapy on a daily basis. I think she might have even had a specail carrier made for her by randell may. I know at leasted they thought about using one befor for tour started, i dont know if she ended up using it. im sure one of the scv guys on the forum can tell us whats up.

Im not so sure about her having any pre-existing hip problems, but I know that she had to bail mid-season due to the fact that she got tripped in rehearsal which, apparently, completely ####ed up her hip. when my corps met up with SCV in texas, i asked her what was up. she said she wanted nothing more than to be back in by finals. the dudes in the snareline said that she tried incredibly hard, but it just wasnt gonna happen.

SCV is going to be marching 18 snares in the Rose Bowl Parade. Everyone of those cats including 5 former center snares can individually make the ground thunder. Should be pretty good.

Mom

do you mean trouble with SCV personally? or like just marching? i really hope she has it fixed and she's ready to march!......ok...backl to the original topic

During a good chunk of the 90's, 6 to 7 snares was the norm. The recent trend as been 8 to 9 snares. I think 7 is plenty. I have seen smaller lines in DI in the past. Southwind 01: 5

Crossmen 98: 5 (during the closer)

Phantom 97: 6

Edited by jameseuph