SCV 2003

JoeW

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During a good chunk of the 90's, 6 to 7 snares was the norm. The recent trend as been 8 to 9 snares. I think 7 is plenty. I have seen smaller lines in DI in the past. Southwind 01: 5

Crossmen 98: 5 (during the closer)

Phantom 97: 6

I think that period was before they changed the amount of members to 135.

She did have some issues before the marching SCV as well. She marched Cascades the year prior and had to pull out the last couple weeks because of a similar injury.

Your right. In '02, Tori (her name) pulled her groin. But... the bad thing was she didn't tell anyone for like a month. So she was marching on a pulled muscle for a long time which definitely did not help. She had to pull out finals week, but ended up playing in the pit for finals.

In '03 I heard that she was still hurting at the beginning of the season, and didn't really tell anybody. From what I remember her telling me she tripped over a guy during rehearsal and messed up her knee, this was about mid-season. She never really did heal all the way, which really sucks because it was her age-out year, and it was her dream to march SCV.

Anyways, that is pretty much why they had 7 snares for half the season, but like someone said before, she is still in the lot videos warming up with them before the shows.

i've seen pics of SCV w/ 10 snares back when they used the black drums (early 90's). They had a monster sized line of 10-5-5-5.

-Giancarlos

From what I know(not much) they always had 8. The female snare got hurt sometime semi-early season. And tried hard to march, but couldn't. She still warmed up with them at every show though. As you can see on the vic firth clips.

i dont see 2003 on vic firth

Yep, I met Tori in Erie, PA when SCV graciously fed my corps (thanks guys!). While SCV was out performing, Tori was out for the rest of the season, injured practicing by the trailor. She was a real cool girl and its a total bummer she couldn't march her age out. But I got pictures with her and everything and it was great meeting her.