2004 SCV Drumline

SnareSoulO

I think Pearl is the best. Yamaha tenors = crap. IMO....Pearl is the best all around...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Pearl is the best. Yamaha tenors = crap. IMO....Pearl is the best all around...

Pearls bass drums are definetly superior. They have the perfect number of air holes. Yamaha and premier definetly do not have enough air holes so all the air gets trapped inside the drum and its not loud at all. Thats why the scouts cut holes in the bottom of their drums. And of course the deep shell tenors are also a cut above the rest in terms of sound.

I have heard through the grapevine that something remarkable is in the works this year with the SCV drumline that may help that line transcend through the already remarkable standard that they have set in recent years. It has to do with the staff this year. If this can be confirmed it will be the best news I've heard in the last 17 years for drummers.

Kev

Hmm, 17 years ago was 1986 so what was significant about that year for drummers other than Suncoast Sound's amazing drumline and the Blue Devils' wall of 10 snares ramming sweet notes to Buddy Rich? Vanguard was still using pink chamaign Premier drums and they were doing "magic" on the field...my interest is most definetely piqued.

b**bs

check out the website: http://www.scvanguard.org/

They made staffing announcements already and show concepts....hmmmm you have my interest peaked. Since I will be doing the Rose Bowl this year I will have to see what I can find out.

Kimela

I have heard through the grapevine that something remarkable is in the works this year with the SCV drumline that may help that line transcend through the already remarkable standard that they have set in recent years.  It has to do with the staff this year.  If this can be confirmed it will be the best news I've heard in the last 17 years for drummers.

Kev

This " something " sounds intriguing......Let me guess

Johnny Rabb as single's Tech!

Tom Float as " making the drumline sound like a drumkit on the field " Tech!

Jackie Chan as cymbal visual Tech!

well it must be one of them?

Well with this many views I would think someone in the know might have added a response. I have a reliable source that tells me that SCV will have on-board this year both Thom Hannum as a consultant to try and bring back some of the great "sound" that seems to have dwindled a bit in the last decade. My reference to 17 years ago was meant to be aimed at the 1987 Garfield Cadets whose sound and quality were (IMO) unmatched before and only 1 time since in the Star 93 line, both if which Mr Hannum was a key component. As a side note I have also heard that Rob Chavarez is the cymbal tech this year.... anyone who knows Rob can count on 04's cymbal line being on a different level than mortal humans. b**bs

As I said before this is not confirmed information.

Kev

Edited by SnareSoulO

.  I have a reliable source that tells me that SCV will have on-board this year both Thom Hannum and Fred Sanford as consultants to try and bring back some of the great "sound" that seems to have dwindled a bit in the last decade.

I should of known better to think that this was a legitimate post, Snaresoul you might want to check your reliable source next time <**>