1977 Bridgemen

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

As always my friend, You are still a class act !!!!!

John

Thanks, John!

If you get the chance, please come out and see us this year!

Big Rick was just talkin about ya the other night! It would be great to see you!

There's several coming down from your neck of the woods! You could always hitch a ride!

Hope all is well!

Jim

Jim,

Shouldn't you be baking your birthday cake? :P

Have a great one.

Jim

Hey Jim,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Man, I don't know about you, but I'm really starting to feel it!

And, my locks are turning gray, faster than the tempo I counted us off at in 1978!!!

As for baking...

You don't want anything that I baked, or cooked, for that matter!

I'm a Carvel, or Baskin-Robbins cake kind-a-guy!

Hope you enjoy your birthday, also!

Hope to see you soon. Stop by, if you can. I think you're gonna like what you see, and hear!

Congrats to Bush on your new home, and best of luck in 2007!

Jim

... Somewhere, there's a phenomenal picture of 27th and Bridgemen's drumlines showing exuberant comeraderie at a retreat. Someone please post here...

I thought I had a scan of it, but only came close.

A while back, Jeffrey Bouvier scanned this page out of Drum Corps News.

Bmen80_drumline_DCN.jpg

Does anyone have contact info for photographer Frank Fligg?

While we're on the subject, does anyone know what became of DCN's photo collection?

I've seen pics from either 1981 or 1982 of Bridgemen and 27 at Finals in Montreal. I think there's one in the yearbook.

I've seen pics from either 1981 or 1982 of Bridgemen and 27 at Finals in Montreal. I think there's one in the yearbook.

Is this the one? It's the bass drum lines - maybe there's one with the complete line?

Drumlines.jpg

Larry Schmidt is the Bridgemen who switched uniforms with the Phantom person.

DCI NORTH was VERY HOT!!!!! Tensions were very high the night before in a show in Canada where we lost to the Cavies. Phantom had their buses pulled to the gate away fromt eh corps. It was really the first time that I was subjected to this tension between the 2 corps. ( 79 was my first year in the corps.

So at North as we were coming off the field, alot of people went down due to the heat, too many for our support people to handle. Phantom's support staff jumped in to help the kids of the Bridgemen. When Phantom went on, they had the same problem coming off the field and we( support staff and our corps members) jumped in to help and all the tensions was gone and what drum corps was supposed to be about returned.

As the corps started to hang out in the parking lot, the 2 guys mentioned( Larry S, who went on to be a visual tech for Brigs) come out from the buses with the switched uniforms and all was good!!!!

So there you have it!!! Isn't it amazing what we all remember from our teenage days!!!

Hype!

George

Larry Schmidt is the Bridgemen who switched uniforms with the Phantom person.

DCI NORTH was VERY HOT!!!!! Tensions were very high the night before in a show in Canada where we lost to the Cavies. Phantom had their buses pulled to the gate away fromt eh corps. It was really the first time that I was subjected to this tension between the 2 corps. ( 79 was my first year in the corps.

So at North as we were coming off the field, alot of people went down due to the heat, too many for our support people to handle. Phantom's support staff jumped in to help the kids of the Bridgemen. When Phantom went on, they had the same problem coming off the field and we( support staff and our corps members) jumped in to help and all the tensions was gone and what drum corps was supposed to be about returned.

As the corps started to hang out in the parking lot, the 2 guys mentioned( Larry S, who went on to be a visual tech for Brigs) come out from the buses with the switched uniforms and all was good!!!!

So there you have it!!! Isn't it amazing what we all remember from our teenage days!!!

Hype!

George

Thats the way I remember it George..... I remember an ICE COLD towel being put around my neck by one of the Phantom support staff like it was yesterday...in return we refilled those huge water coolers they had cause the Phantom people used it on us !!!!!!

After that, Phantom Regiment went up about a thousand pegs on the "class scale" imo.......

I said it than and now almost 30 years later........THANK YOU PHANTOM