June 9th Phantom Regiment Dress Rehearsal

was anyone at phantom regiments dress rehearsal? i understand there were over 500 in the park for their first performance. If you were there, lets us all know how phantom sounds and looks this season, and what their dril and guard and brass line are like. Im hearing good things from rockford, that phantom is definitly back in form of its top three days!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd eat up for any Phantom stuff. I know some great guys in that corps right now and am excited to hear about Phantom!

I guess no one went to this, hehe! Oh-well, they start up tomorrow night, so I am sure there will be reviews from that show. They might win it!! :D

Guest GeorgeD

A note to this, we have a link to pictures of this concert on the dcp home page. I haven't been able to find a single review of this show on any site, and believe me, I've looked. sigh...

Its been killing me to find out too, while I dont have an official review...I talked to my buddy whos in Rockford and affiliated with the corps. He said over 1,000 folks showed up for the dress rehersal (1/4 of that usually showed up when I marched)....said the corps looked fantastic....guard was incredible and that he will see the drill from up top tomorrow in Oswego, but look out for the 2002 Regiment.....Shosh/PR ahhh music to my ears

Phantom has always been one of my favorites. 1983, 1812 Overature, 89 New World, 91 intro was one of the great moments, and Mello solos ever; '96 finals performance the corps was in another realm, 2000 Transfigured Night, magnificent. DM Tommy Feagan(sp?), one of the great drum corps conductors of all time!

Must hear 2000 Regiment again! (for the 50,000th time)

Jesus, just listening to you two (Ernie and Wyndham) reminds me of 98. Throw a few more from the bari line that summer and the world will never look at PR the same way.

I'm pretty frustrated that not one person on here posted anything about PR's Dress Rehearsal or Concert in the Park. Hopefully, someone will have it in them to post first thing tommorrow night after the Oswego show for the unfortunate souls far far away that cant make it up there.

Dave Gilday

PR Sop 98,99,00,01

Jesus, just listening to you two (Ernie and Wyndham) reminds me of 98. Throw a few more from the bari line that summer and the world will never look at PR the same way.

I'm waiting for the day that Ben Bajcz starts posting. Then we'll see some fireworks. :)

I'm pretty frustrated that not one person on here posted anything about PR's Dress Rehearsal or Concert in the Park. Hopefully, someone will have it in them to post first thing tommorrow night after the Oswego show for the unfortunate souls far far away that cant make it up there.

I think Tysdal drove over to Rockford. He wanted me to come along, but I had a show in Menomonie, WI. I'm kinda bummed about that little b*stard not being in the corps anymore. There are no good candidates for my special mid-season care packages. I've been thinking about shipping some goodies off to Lisa Morgan. I wonder how she feels about big, rubber,...well, you know.

Michael Oldemeyer