June 9th Phantom Regiment Dress Rehearsal

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Tysdal doing, anyway?

Ryan is living in Sioux Falls. He had been working as a supervisor at Best Buy, but recently took a job with some advertising firm. He also owns and helps operate a fireworks stand. :) He writes drill for one of the marching bands in the Minneapolis area, Champlin Park.

He'll be at SOS and finals. I'm not sure about DeKalb.

Are you still at the U of Chicago?

Looking forward to that Oswego review,

Michael Oldemeyer

Fireworks stand, eh?

That's cool.

I'm still at U of C, but I'm taking some time off of med school to do research at the NIH in Washington DC. I'll be there with Melissa until next year, then I'm coming back to Chicago. I'm on vacation right now, which means that I scour all the drum corps websites that I can find.

Also, my little brother Tariq is continuing on the PR -- Shah connection. He's right of center in the snare line, so if you see him at a town near you, cheer him on!

j

What's Tysdal doing, anyway?

Ryan is living in Sioux Falls. He had been working as a supervisor at Best Buy, but recently took a job with some advertising firm. He also owns and helps operate a fireworks stand. :) He writes drill for one of the marching bands in the Minneapolis area, Champlin Park.

He'll be at SOS and finals. I'm not sure about DeKalb.

Are you still at the U of Chicago?

Looking forward to that Oswego review,

Michael Oldemeyer

Michael, I never realized there's more Sioux Fallsians out there every day!

Ah, now I'm super excited. I'm so hyped up for this season and especially Phantom this year. They'll be the first corps I see ever (at a clinic) and I'll be going psycho. Maybe I should review and tell about the whole experience as it would be my first LIVE viewing ever...hmm ideas are popping in my head as we speak.

^sigh^

Phantom is full of Sioux Falls people. There are four members right now there along with some other vets. Maybe a rookie next year??? Eh? No hopeful thinking on my part.

Speaking of Best Buy, I think I'll bop by there tomorrow. Have some gift cards to spend. Maybe I should buy some cool music...

So many things are going on right now, it's hard to type a normal post these days!

Michael, I never realized there's more Sioux Fallsians out there every day!

Yeah, Tim, there's another guy, Steve Olson, who was the band director at Lennox, but lives in SF. He was a soprano in Reg 1994 and 1996.

And, of course, the two Carlsons. There might be more that I'm not aware of. I was hoping to see the show at Howard Wood, but MBI has a show the night before and then rehearsal on that Wednesday, so I won't be able to make it.

Michael Oldemeyer

um....are we going to hear the story on this one?

um....are we going to hear the story on this one?

My good friend, Windham, has a large concentration of short, little hairs along the edges of his ears. I would make a point of marching behind him after pre-show warmup on the way to the stadium because the stadium lights would illuminate all these tiny hairs. He looked like a fuzzy teddy bear. :)

Michael Oldemeyer