They Have Drumline Parkinglot...

L1STEN2311

There is a web page called drumlineparkinglot.net and is just full of clips of drumlines warming up, playing exerpts of their shows, and I & E. so why not have it for the brass? there is plenty of awesome stuff out there to be posted. any input? any one know of any sites like this? if not lets get one started its about time and would provide great exposure for hornlines and drum corps in general.

rock

-chris

Edited by L1STEN2311

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be honest, I'm really not that interested in watching hornlines do lip slurs and warm up and such. I don't really care to watch drumlines in the lot, either. I know one guy who's really into that, but it doesn't do much for me.

I was thinking the same thing No we don't need Video..But it could not hurt. I Mean I love hearing a corps warm up and play Power cords Or how Cadets do slurs into Chords then into Space chords.. Then sometimes seeing them Lay into it is nice too. I love playing the chords for the crowd before a n Encore or some type of Stand still performance.. and the expression on some of the staff is great..

TubaGuy maybe you can share what you have some how some day..

Its also nice to hear other warm ups that you can do at home on your own..

Heh, it would be frowned upon by many people, I'm sure. But I always thought it would be cool to have a little 'group' of people that could trade homemade recordings amoungst ourselves (or even a website, hence the topic). But, like I said, it would definitely be frowned upon.

I always loved catching warm-up arcs. I've found sporadic clips of BD warm-ups on WinMX of course. But I would definately do some trading with anyone who has clips of other hornlines. I would include some div. 2/3 lines too. Still cool beans with small arcs. A website would be cool, as a central place to kinda get things organized and find people to trade recordings and such.

i think that would be an amazing ideal. drumlineparkinglot.net is a truely amazing site, especially when you can look at units from the past and such. i would definitly support it whenever i'd get the chance. you get to see the amazing things that some of these performers can do, especially I&E stuff. cause some of those drumline I&E just blow my mind...