Best Polish for SIlver Horns

ICANBEJUSTASEVIL

i have a Dynasty Euph in B flat just got it! I am assuming I casn just use my Lacquer Life on it? someone please PM if you know!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but some dude in Royal-Airs had this stuff in a spray can that I tried. It worked really good but I can't tell ya the name of it to save your life.

I use "Hagerty Silversmith's spray polish". Maybe that's what you used? Blue can.

Mary's Ultra tone Is closer to 32 years old and looks like new. Of course it sat around not being used for 25 years until Dream started... :)

Our corps found out about Hagerty's last year and we kind of threw wrights right out the window (haha). This stuff is AMAZING! I would suggest this to anyone.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/silvergiftstor...verpoloish.html

I'm sure there are cheaper places, but thought I'd just through out one store.

Just as I posted I found one cheaper:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/50011_...ilversmiths.htm

Edited by Hollus2

How about Blitz? At least I think that's what it's called. Anyways, it's a popular brand for jewlery and has worked great on horns.

Our director usually puts together a Blitz (could be flitz or plitz... but I think it's blitz) bag for us to carry around. They polish rags and gloves too. Really great stuff.

I used Tarni-Shield for years with good results. However, while looking to purchase another bottle I happened upon a product called WEIMANS Royal Sterling Silver Cream made by Herbert Stanley Co. Bath your horn in the usual way and try this stuff, if you can find it. I just wipe my horn down with a soft cloth after rehearsal and it's back to showroom condition and the horn is 10 years old. :)

B) I repeat myself......However, I was not thinking about the fact your turnover time between shows does not afford you the opportunity to use this product.

Having said that, and in the long run, especially if you own your own horn and want the best, IMO this is IT! (elbow grease required......not easy but worth the effort.....O.K....I'm done) B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've used blue magic for the past three years. I find blue magic easier to use, especially on tour, plus blue magic looks a TON better than wrights. Like some one mentioned earlier, you can sort of "floss" the valve casings and tubes with tshirt strips along with using old t shirts to polish larger surfaces like the bell. Joe, i used blue magic on my dynasty euph for two years and it worked perfectly. Just make sure you use something before the sweat starts to corrode the metal. The black sploches are the early warning signs, and then it'll expose the brass. I bought a few bottles of blue magic a while ago so i still have the thicker substance, i have noticed the new runny bottles which look to be a pain but i've never tried one yet.

• 2 weeks later...