Best Polish for SIlver Horns

ICANBEJUSTASEVIL

but some dude in Royal-Airs had this stuff in a spray can that I tried. It worked really good but I can't tell ya the name of it to save your life.

I use "Hagerty Silversmith's spray polish". Maybe that's what you used? Blue can.

Mary's Ultra tone Is closer to 32 years old and looks like new. Of course it sat around not being used for 25 years until Dream started... :)

If that's a light blue can you are talking about, that stuff does work awesome. One can will last you quite a long time. I believe you can still buy it at woodwindbrasswind.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but some dude in Royal-Airs had this stuff in a spray can that I tried. It worked really good but I can't tell ya the name of it to save your life.

I use "Hagerty Silversmith's spray polish". Maybe that's what you used? Blue can.

Mary's Ultra tone Is closer to 32 years old and looks like new. Of course it sat around not being used for 25 years until Dream started... :)

Our corps found out about Hagerty's last year and we kind of threw wrights right out the window (haha). This stuff is AMAZING! I would suggest this to anyone.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/silvergiftstor...verpoloish.html

I'm sure there are cheaper places, but thought I'd just through out one store.

Just as I posted I found one cheaper:

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/50011_...ilversmiths.htm

hagerty's spray is the best stuff around

hagerty's is awesome...it doesn't leave the white film like wrights or the blue tint like blue magic and it doesn't scratch the horn like wrights

my horn used to shine so clear that it hurt my eyes to play it on sunny days

also with hagertys you can get the polish for when it needs to be really shiny, the spray for when you have a little less time, or the wipes are awesome for little touchups on the bus on the way to shows

If you see black, GET IT OFF! That stuff is a big problem for me. Here in south MS I sweat right through gloves so I get the black all the time. Not that I'm too worried; my horn is really old and looks like crap. It's missing silver in all the areas around the valves that have been in contact with sweat and such before I owned it. Plays nice though.

Edited by lbjazz

The first time I read this topic title, I thought it said "Polish" as in "people from Poland"... :worthy: