Phantom in Black?

Yes--Summer of the White Ballet

Come on Greg, you of all people should know this.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

86 uni was black pants w/red stripe, white tunic w/white chevron and red citation cord, black leather belt, black cape w/red underside and of course the helmet with NO plume.

last year of the scrubbing bubbles....oh nooooooo!

86 uni was black pants w/red stripe, white tunic w/white chevron and red citation cord, black leather belt, black cape w/red underside and of course the helmet with NO plume.

last year of the scrubbing bubbles....oh nooooooo!

It's slowly coming back to me. I remember a show we had with Phantom sometime mid-86. There was a point in their show where the corps was basically split into 2 big circles, one on the front left side of the field and the other on the back right side. I was sitting on the left side so the 2 circles were in line with eachother from my perspective. There was a VERY exposed section where there were 2 or 3 hits spaced apart with silence between, and I remember some of the worst phasing I had ever heard. The 2 halves of the corps hit those hits about half a second apart from eachother. I felt sooooo bad for my buddy Doug who was in his first year as Phantom DM. The visual that accompanies this memory is with Phantom in the unis you described.

The other strong memory I have is from 87, both semis and finals. Phantom was ON FIRE for semis. I felt so happy for Doug then, because he was doing a great job, clearly having a great time, and conducting the 3rd best corps in DCI that day. PR's sopranos nailed the tough double-tonguing in that show, but unfortunately didn't the next night and they slipped to 5th in finals. THAT was the first year in the white unis. It all makes sense to me now. :P

Splooie88, you of all people should know we have lives. And, though we don't share uniform designs, we share repertoires. Aren't you from the Cavies' Firebird year? Let's see now, Regiment played Firebird in . . . :P

Edited by Phan Doris

Hey now... :)

Now for the real question. Who are you? Only a few people would have a Doris for their icon and their screen name. And, you are a little spunky, from the sound of your post.

I have my ideas...

Splooie88, you of all people should know we have lives. And, though we don't share uniform designs, we share repertoires. Aren't you from the Cavies' Firebird year? Let's see now, Regiment played Firebird in . . .  :P

Splooie88, you of all people should know we have lives. And, though we don't share uniform designs, we share repertoires. Aren't you from the Cavies' Firebird year? Let's see now, Regiment played Firebird in . . .  :P

...and the last time phantom beat The Cavaliers was???.... b**bs