Phantom in Black?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was '95...they had a silver sequined sash, which I like a lot. '94's uniforms looked a lot like '03...I don't remember if they still had the cape then, I know they had it in '91.

I think 94 had the cape...that was the White Whitch doctor show with the talking drums.....wasn't it?

Haha, what??

Songs for a Summer Night - Ritual Fire Dance (from El Amor Brujo), Suite Bergamasque (Claire De Lune), Talking Drums (from White Witch Doctor), North by Northwest, Death Hunt (from On Dangerous Ground)

Oh, wow....you weren't joking. You win. :blink:

I think 94 had the cape...that was the White Whitch doctor show with the talking drums.....wasn't it?

I thought '92 was the last year for the cape and in '93 & '94 they just had the little extension of their baldric flapping around back there. :blink:

I guess that's what I was thinking of in the context of that conversation. They had real "capes" thinking back to late 70's early 80's Regiment. With the "prince valliant" style red capes off of the right shoulder.

By the late 80s (89 for certain) they had the all white uni's with the extended baldrics. 92 they had a blue baldric with a silver underlay.

However I think in 91 it was just a simple black baldric with that "extension". (I stil think of it as a cape...or at least a nod to a cape.)

In general terms:

89 - white unis / black accents

90 - white unis / black accents

91 - white unis / silver accents

92 - white unis / silver / blue accents

93 - white unis / black accents

94 - white unis / black accents

95 - black unis / silver accents

96 - black unis / black accents

97 - black unis / black / gold accents

98 - black unis / red/gold accents

99 - black unis / black accents

00 - khaki unis - red accents

01 - khaki unis - black accents

02 - khaki unis - black accents

03 - white unis / black accents

Mike

They did Death Hunt in 94, too? Didn't they do that the year before in Modern Imagination?

Yes, both years. We started off the season playing the whole tune, but it was shortened when we added more of North by Northwest and the drum break near the end of the show.

And we didn't have capes in 94...just an extension of the baldric, like a couple others have mentioned.

Michael Oldemeyer