98 - black unis / red/gold accents

99 - black unis / black accents

00 - khaki unis - red accents

01 - khaki unis - black accents

02 - khaki unis - black accents

03 - white unis / black accents

Mike

Hmmm, thats pretty cool. Thanks.

I guess that's what I was thinking of in the context of that conversation. They had real "capes" thinking back to late 70's early 80's Regiment. With the "prince valliant" style red capes off of the right shoulder.

By the late 80s (89 for certain) they had the all white uni's with the extended baldrics. 92 they had a blue baldric with a silver underlay.

However I think in 91 it was just a simple black baldric with that "extension". (I stil think of it as a cape...or at least a nod to a cape.)

Naw ... you misunderstand me. Yeah, in '92 they had the underlay, but thru 1991, they had the one-shoulder cape that went ... what? ... down to mid-thigh or so? But in '93 and '94 they didn't even have that much, the baldric just continued around down behind their shoulder to maybe the bottom of the shoulder blade.

• 5 months later...

In 1987 and 88, Regiment had a half white cape that was placed over the right shoulder. It masked intervals and hurt the clarity of the forms a bit.

In 1989, the cape was replaced with a longer black baldric that draped over the right shoulder to about waist length if not a bit lower than 6 inches past the waist.

In 1990, the corps essentially kept the same uniform but adjusted the baldric length.

In 1991, the corps switched the baldric color to silver sequense with black trim, but we also had a half cape that draped over the right shoulder like 87 and 88.

1992, the cape was gone (with the exception of the drum major) and replaced with a drop from the baldric that was the same material (silver and blue lemay-sp.) over the right shoulder. The drum major uniform with its drop in the front, was to be seen by the whole corps over the first part of the season. We adjusted the uniform to be one that was of the familiar baldric pattern, but with silver and blue lemay on the underside of the silver baldrics that we had from 1991.

In 1993, (my age out) we returned to the black baldric of 89 and 90 but the underside of the baldric that could be seen from audience had a specific color that matched that of the color guard. The underside color were very vibrant and stood out.

I want to say the underside baldric color was removed in 1994.

In 1995, the corps kept the same style of uniform but moved from a white uniform to a black one. The baldric that we used in 1991 were re-used in 1995. So the only thing that changed were the base uniforms.

In 1996, the uniform remained the same but the baldric changed to a black velvet one. The corps chevron (modern design) was embroidered on the right side of the chest on the uniform giving the uniform just a subtle hint of color. This was also heightened by the color guards uniform of the red dresses and simple color scheme.

After 1996, I am uncertain as to the changes of the uniform from those that were after this year.

I hope this answers your question.

Ray V.

Edited by trptjock

Didn't '94 have a blue sash?

Edited by Jam_man_tpt

86 was the first all-white year with Carnival Overture, etc. right? Doug Steinbrech as drum major? What a great uniform change that was!