mandarins to add taiko section

mandarins1

The Sacramento Mandarins Drum and Bugle Corps will be adding a taiko section of 3 -5 players for the 2004 season. Based in the pit, these players will also be featured on accessory percussion equipment as well.

Persons interested in these spots should visit the Mandarins audition page for general membership information: http://www.mandarins.org/dci/auditions.html

The pit audition page is located at: http://www.angelfire.com/music4/martianmusic/pitaud.html

Further details are available from either the percussion caption head or pit instructor; links to both email address are provided on the audition pages.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be bad-###, I look forward to checking them out

Mandarins have had Taiko before and was always very unique! Can't wait to hear how they are going to use it this year!

I can't wait to hear what their show will be.

It's gone WAY too far. . .

At first it was just supposed to be snare and bass . . .

and now . . . well, just look at all the stuff we have!!!

You give people an inch and eventually they want a mile. This just goes to show that drums should NEVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED in drum corps in the first place!!!

It's gone WAY too far. . .

At first it was just supposed to be snare and bass . . .

and now . . . well, just look at all the stuff we have!!!

You give people an inch and eventually they want a mile. This just goes to show that drums should NEVER HAVE BEEN ALLOWED in drum corps in the first place!!!

Niiiiiiice sarcasm!!!! :P

Good luck with the new additions to the corps. Should give you guys a great sound!

I wish the Renegades still had a Taiko group, but I guess I will have to settle with keeping one of the players ^0^

Kimela

• 2 weeks later...