1980 DCI Finals

1976 04 With President-no initiation needed or possible.

1977 04 1/2 year With President then on to the disc-08

1978 04 1/2 year then last 1/2 08

1979 04

1980 04

:P :wub: ^0^ ^0^ :wub: :sos: :sos:

Ahhhhhhh...the "04"!!!

I believe I still have my "04" button! I was truly HONORED to receive it back in 1979!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WELCOMED ME LIKE A FELLOW CORPS MEMBER!

Disney World was especially FUN! You guys did the Bridgemen shuffle really well!!!

(Remember the mosquitoes when we got off the busses??? Ooouuucchhhhhh!!!!!!!)

I seem to remember a certain rifle captain giving up her seat for me, also!

What a doll!!!

It was a fantastic experience!

I didn't ride it for very long, but the time spent on the "04" was most memorable!!!

:angry::angry::lol: :lol: :beer::wub: :wub:

Ah, it should have been me in that seat! Oh well, long ago and far away.

I'd like to add that you looked fabulous in our uniform-too bad you didn't have the boots on. Now that's something I would have liked to see.

Yeah, we weren't too bad at the shuffle were we?

Anyway, your welcome-unfortunately, you were in the unlucky seat, well no, actually you were in the lucky seat and ended up making friends for a lifetime....Terri K being one of them....who needs a woman anyway... :wub: :P or men picking the wrong woman as well! :lol::beer::beer:

Lola

Edited by LancerFi

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1976 04 With President-no initiation needed or possible.

1977 04 1/2 year With President then on to the disc-08

1978 04 1/2 year then last 1/2 08

1979 04

1980 04

79 & 80 the 04 was actually the graduates with the rowdies and staff.....once the staff bus died. I had the pleasure of sitting directly in front of John2780 President. I was vying and trying to pull rank to be the first woman president on the bus wall of fame, but I didn't want the past presidents looking homlier than they already were!! :P

Just kidding Devinely yours & Dust-in-the-window, besides, John2780 deserved it!

In 76 they held me down on tour and wrote in Green Permanent Ink "I BELONG TO A 27TH LANCER... I was supposed to wear it for at least 7 days...it was washed off by fellow gunners the next morning......back then a few of us had an infatuation with Madison.....and Kathy H and I were kind of stalking these 2 members, kidding of course....but see what happens....mens egos can't take it!! Proof positive right there!!! However Kathy was not dating the President....he had to save face I guess.... :P :wub: ^0^ ^0^ :wub: :sos: :sos:

Ahhhhhhh...the "04"!!!

I believe I still have my "04" button! I was truly HONORED to receive it back in 1979!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WELCOMED ME LIKE A FELLOW CORPS MEMBER!

Disney World was especially FUN! You guys did the Bridgemen shuffle really well!!!

(Remember the mosquitoes when we got off the busses??? Ooouuucchhhhhh!!!!!!!)

I seem to remember a certain rifle captain giving up her seat for me, also!

What a doll!!!

It was a fantastic experience!

I didn't ride it for very long, but the time spent on the "04" was most memorable!!!

:angry::angry::lol: :lol: :beer::wub: :wub:

PS - From what I can remember,

This visual occured quite frequently... :wub::lol::beer::beer:

even at breakfast!!!

It was hot as #### that day at Disney. If I remember correctly, you marched the parade as a mellophone. Wasn't the uniform a little tight?

Ah, it should have been me in that seat!  Oh well, long ago and far away. 

I'd like to add that you looked fabulous in our uniform-too bad you didn't have the boots on.  Now that's something I would have liked to see.

Yeah, we weren't too bad at the shuffle were we?

Anyway, your welcome-unfortunately, you were in the unlucky seat, well no, actually you were in the lucky seat and ended up making friends for a lifetime....Terri K being one of them....who needs a woman anyway... :lol:  :P  or men picking the wrong woman as well!  :beer:  :wub:  :angry:

Lola

Thanks, Lola!

It was really great to wear that uniform, and wearing the boots would have been an honor! :angry:

And, yes, you're right!

It was really the lucky seat, because I made two terrific friends for life in you, Lola, AND Terry K!!! :D

God knows I've had plenty of experience picking the wrong woman, b**bs although I think that I may have finally gotten it right!!! ^OO^

It was hot as #### that day at Disney.  If I remember correctly, you marched the parade as a mellophone.  Wasn't the uniform a little tight?

You're right on all three, Ferb!

It was hot as $#@% that day at Disney!

I DID play mellophone, (which was my instrument of choice from 1976-1988), and

the uniform WAS a bit tight!!! :wub:

You really have a good memory!!!

I also had huge welts all over my face from about a zillion mosquitoes poking my

face like a pin cushion! :angry: ^0^

A bunch of us had run into the woods upon arrival, in search of a suitable area to relieve ourselves! As we ran into the woods, some of the guys ahead were screaming, "GET OUT, GET OUT!!! But, it was too late!

Apparently, I was the only one that had any kind of reaction to the attack!)Normally, I would have been devastated, but I think I just giggled, thanks to the fine spirit that I was in!!! b**bs (I had actually been "drowning my sorrow", right, Nancy?)

Do you also remember the night in Virginia Beach on the way home?

I believe it was the first time the crew from Revere had learned about a relatively new elixir called...KAMIKAZE!!! This is what the bar looked like, only multiply it by about 25!!! :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

That was one bus ride (on the "04" ... :angry: ) that I will NEVER forget!!!

Apparently, I was the only one that had any kind of reaction to the attack!)Normally, I would have been devastated, but I think I just giggled, thanks to the fine spirit that I was in!!!  b**bs (I had actually been "drowning my sorrow", right, Nancy?)

I believe it was the first time the crew from Revere had learned about a relatively new elixir called...KAMIKAZE!!! This is what the bar looked like, only multiply it by about 25!!! :mmm:  :mmm:  :mmm:  :mmm:  :mmm:

Drowing your sorrow? Hardly! :angry: You've got to be kidding me?

Anyway, I believe I flew home the night of the parade with Darlene B. and a few others that had to get back to work. We had been working full time since we were 17 and were very lucky to have understanding people higher ups! I could not believe we had to leave, why I had made arrangements like that was beyond me, however I was happy to get out of that situation that year, which ended up not being a situation afterall. My hexes work!

She's almost all paid up, just a few more things and she'll be full I think. You don't want a Scicilian on your bad side....

I most likely would have drank you under the table..... :P Gerard and I and a few others were really good at that! I think you get to a point where you're no longer feeling it. That's what used to happen to me! :)

I believe it was the first time the crew from Revere had learned about a relatively new elixir called...KAMIKAZE!!! This is what the bar looked like, only multiply it by about 25!!! :mmm:  :mmm:  :mmm:  :mmm:  :mmm:

Wait.....did someone say VIRGINIA BEACH AND KAMIKAZE??? :angry: b**bs

:mmm: ^OO^

Boy have we hijacked this thread or what? :sshh: OOPS....I am loving these stories... :)

You're right on all three, Ferb!

It was hot as $#@% that day at Disney!

I DID play mellophone, (which was my instrument of choice from 1976-1988), and

the uniform WAS a bit tight!!! :wub:

You really have a good memory!!!

I also had huge welts all over my face from about a zillion mosquitoes poking my

face like a pin cushion! :angry:  ^0^

A bunch of us had run into the woods upon arrival, in search of a suitable area to relieve ourselves! As we ran into the woods, some of the guys ahead were screaming, "GET OUT, GET OUT!!! But, it was too late!

Apparently, I was the only one that had any kind of reaction to the attack!)Normally, I would have been devastated, but I think I just giggled, thanks to the fine spirit that I was in!!!  b**bs (I had actually been "drowning my sorrow", right, Nancy?)

Remember as in "best night you never remembered"? I also think that was the time that one of our buses got towed.

I remember the parade at Disney very well. You either marched next to me or in front of me during that parade. In fact, I think a couple of us helped you with all the bells and whistles we had on the uniform. Must have been an experience considering the uniform you were used to wearing.

Remember as in "best night you never remembered"?  I also think that was the time that one of our buses got towed. 

I remember the parade at Disney very well.  You either marched next to me or in front of me during that parade.  In fact, I think a couple of us helped you with all the bells and whistles we had on the uniform.  Must have been an experience considering the uniform you were used to wearing.

That was pretty funny, because the 27 uniform, which I always admired, was very '"involved", :sos:,

and there were several hands adjusting me, prior to the parade!

(Kinda looked like this...:angry:)

And, yes, you're right. It WAS quite an experience! :wub:

Much different than sliding my arms into the Bridgemen coat, connecting the velcro, and snapping one little pin by the lapel!!!

By the way, that Lancer uniform felt as good as it looks!!! :angry:

sorry...double post!

Edited by overthehillDM