What's Your Biggest Thrill In Drum Corps

Those crazy people from the West coast made me do it....really :blink:

Yea, we held you down and forced you.... b**bs

So are you coming? To the wedding?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for my invitation in the mail ?

You did send it.......... didn't you ? :lol:

If you can make it to semi-finals in Pasadena next year, follow the Kingsmen Alumni corps out to the parking lot after the show, than this stands as your invitation....all are welcome.

If you can make it to semi-finals in Pasadena next year, follow the Kingsmen Alumni corps out to the parking lot after the show, than this stands as your invitation....all are welcome.

I have a better idea, why not get married AFTER the Kingsmen ALUMNI perform at the 50 yard line ?? b**bs b**bs

THAT would be a first for DCI !!!

That would be a lot of thank you cards !!! :huh::lol:

If I can't make, consider this my congratulations in advance !! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

My biggest thrills in Drum Corp....

1. Back of the bus (04) after 1979 Nationals I was with :sshh: (i'll never tell) and had a great time exploring the mystries of the universe.

I heard about that little visit in the back of the bus. Didn't we call you "lefty" after that? :doh:

truth is, that back of the bus episode is the greatest thrill of your life. Period.

Yea, we held you down and forced you.... b**bs

So are you coming? To the wedding?

Mike,

It doesn't look like we will be making the trip to California next year so I will take this oppotunity to wish you and the Mrs a long and happy life together.

John

I heard about that little visit in the back of the bus. Didn't we call you "lefty" after that?

truth is, that back of the bus episode is the greatest thrill of your life. Period.

True....except for the times that I kick your Buttski on the golf course, Mr 23 ^0^

Edited by john2780

Mike,

It doesn't look like we will be making the trip to California next year so I will take this oppotunity to wish you and the Mrs a long and happy life together.

John

I will miss you, but thank you on behalf of Vickie and I.

I heard about that little visit in the back of the bus. Didn't we call you "lefty" after that?

True....except for the times that I kick your Buttski on the golf course, Mr 23 ^0^

Well can't argue with the truth, no matter how much of a lie it is.

I know this is not in performance, but I CANNOT get this memory out of my head.

1980; Troopers between 1st and 2nd tour; Wayne Downey came out to rehearse the group and adjust some of the charts (he wrote most of the book that year).

In the horn arc during a afternoon rehearsal Wayne rewrote the last 45 seconds of Corea's Central Park...without a piano, and without a sketch pad!!! He just went through each section and verbally dictated the new ending to each part (we were writing feverishly, as well as the horn instructor)....almost like Mozart in the movie!! And it did not need a SINGLE adjustment when we played it through! We felt the absolute greatness in this man.

It was enough to give you chills. Even in 100-degree heat.... B)

Edited by prodigal bari