What's Your Biggest Thrill In Drum Corps

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning the 73 World Open the first major for us.

The biggest was getting thru 74 & 75 and being a part of the Bridgemen comming back to finals in 76.

Aaaaaah... the good old days of friendship and loyalty! It would have been easier to "jump ship" to one of the corps almost guaranteed to make finals, but you stuck it out with the (I assume) neighborhood corps! What a gas it must have been to be a part of that 1976 corps. You guys turned drum corps on its ear!

I took 1975 off because I was starting college. By then, the I.C. Reveries had merged and were about to become North Star, which I hadn't even heard. One of the Reverie dads (Tony Coviello, RIP) was over our house one Sunday in March of ' 76 and said his daughter was marching in 27th. I knew that a bunch of my Reverie friends had marched 27th in 1975, and having been caught up in school, I only watched them at World Open and on the DCI telecast. I ended up at Revere High School that day, and the rest is history.

yes, Myron was a member of our hornline in '76-'77.

Hey Rich

ODBC's right we were two Canadian in 1976 me from Montreal and Colleen Saumer from Edmonton Alberta both sopranos and I was they only one 1977.

Biggest thrill hmmm lot's of them but playing with BD horn line, people asking for autograph, two girls from PR in 1977 after finals asking me for souvenirs plume, gloves ect... And for sure, first show on tour 1976 Glennwood Spring Colorado we beat Mad, SCV and 27th ! still have the poster of the show at home !

1. Besting Defending DCI Champion SCV at Huntington, WV in 1982. Notice was served....we had arrived as a player!

2. Finishing in top 3 at '82 Finals in Montreal. Leaving the stadium following retreat I don't think any of us had a doubt about what was to follow.

3. Winning DCA Championship in 1984 as a member of the Caballeros and having an undefeated season.

4. Raiders making DCI Div III Finals in 1996 for the first time. Having been an instructor there from Day 1 in 1991 and placing finalist medals around the necks of kids who had also been there from the beginning....most gratifying.

5. Winning 2003 DCA Championship as a member of Caballeros instructional staff.

Said it before, say it again...

THe greatest show thrill ever was the hit in our 85 ballad, "Could We Start Again, Please." I just watched it again...gets me every time.

But I'll never top the thrill of Whitewater 1983. Every corps was thgere...we hit prelims smoking...came in 9th. When we hit the death chords at the end, the place went nuts. Our corps manager put out his cigarette, stood up, and pointed towards the crowd. Then he walked away. Most of the corps may not have seen it, but I was down front at the timps. I will never forget that moment.

Edited by tommytimp

How cool is this? A thread over two years old and people are STILL talking about their biggest thrill in drum corps!

Believe it or not, the vast majority at DCP are brothers and sisters for life, we've had similar experiences, though we may have ended up in different places, but ya gotta admit, DCP is an awesome site to communicate across the generations and to share similar experiences!

How cool is this? A thread over two years old and people are STILL talking about their biggest thrill in drum corps!

Believe it or not, the vast majority at DCP are brothers and sisters for life, we've had similar experiences, though we may have ended up in different places, but ya gotta admit, DCP is an awesome site to communicate across the generations and to share similar experiences!

Amen to that, bro. We winna be dunted, indeed.

No, I'm not saying that at all !!

He didn't march in 1976 or 1977 !!!

The guy I know taught us in 1976, then went to Seneca Optimists to instruct in 1977 !!

Myron was most definitely with Seneca Optimists instructing the hornline those years.