The Souvie Stand

I remember back in the day I had this Kilts T-shirt that was yellow with "Kilts"

printed across the chest and inside of the "K" was a reverse silhouette of a

Highlander. It was totally cool looking and used to totally dumbfound non-corps

people. Not unlike that kelly green polo I had in the early '80s that had

"cavaliers" with a hat and plume on the "c". The usual response was "Is that the

Cleveland Cavaliers??" Soooo, did anyone else have a t-shirt they totally loved,

or can you remember some of the asinine comments your corps gear used to

elicit??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear my Kilties Mad Plaid sweatshirt almost every morning when I go surf. Never marched Kilts, but would have had I lived closer to their AO when I was back in Wisconsin....actually closer to Blue Star but they were pretty inactive then.

Other than that, I wear my KINGSMEN alumni t-shirt and of course my FRESNO FERNS t-shirt and sweatshirt from the old store.....btw, the new logos are in committee at the moment and the best ones will appear at the "new" Fresno Ferns store when it re-opens....watch for the announcement.

RON HOUSLEY

FRESNO FERNS

Minister Of Information

Edited by ffernbus3

I loved the shirt that the Bluecoats started selling in 1990 "Why Drum Corps is Better than Marching Band".

Another favorite of mine that I've only seen a buddy wear is a shirt that has a cartoon shot of a girl talking to a guy in a Madison Scout uniform. She's saying "I though you always said scoring wasn't important." and he's got the thought balloon saying "I did???"

1987 Cadets t-shirt: Pink, with a silhouette of a guard member in a long skirt in burgundy on the front...

VERY classy.

Forget which years...Wore to death the Cadets Green T-shirt with the crown and sword on the back. Very cool looking and very subtle.

Also wore to total fade out, Arizona Sunset Regiments pink shirt that had the view of an "Arizona Sunset" and cactus in the most beautiful of colors.

1st place: Madison Scouts "Lemon Squeeze" shirt. (I only bust it out for special occasions)

Runner up: my Velvet Knights shirt from the 80s

One that I wish I wasnt outbid on: 27th Lancers shirt on ebay

It hasn't been worn to death yet, but man have I gotten some strange looks whenever I wear my SPLOOIE shirt around campus :rolleyes:

The frat guys especially seem to think they have the meaning all figured out!