Tell US About Your First Time Marching....

My first finals was 1991 with the Freelancers. I can still remember every detail of that week to this day. And everytime I watch the show it brings it all back again like it was yesterday. It is one of the reasons why I joined River City Regiments Senior Corp. The feeling of being in front of an audience screaming for you and the lights. It's an amazing feeling. :rolleyes:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My first finals was in 73 -- Whitewater, WI.  I think we stayed in Janesville??? "

Hey, who is this???? I remember '73 and Janesville, we partied our ###@s off with 27th afterwards at the Ramada Inn. I was so young and focused I really don't remember much except the sound of the metal interval sticks hitting the ground and Charley Anderson giving the chicken cluck. I do, however, remember retreat and being announced the winners.  That was awesome.

Mike Braga

SCV 1973 - 1975

----

Sorry, didn't see yr post til today.

I remember the Ramada too -- weren't you one of the streakers? B)

Those were fun days (although I didn't figure that out til later)!!!

You might remember me as Jonette.

Edited by jojo

'76 Philly. The entire season went by so fast and this was obviously the biggest venue of the year. My only recollection was seeing the red light from the high camera go on when we hit our wedge in the second number.

Now, Denver '77 was unbelievable. It was so freaking loud, I never heard the DM start the corps!

'78, kind of like BD 81 I guess, we knew we had nailed it after a bleak prelim show only to have our dreams shattered a short time later.

'79, after getting so close in prelims, we felt we had a legitimate shot. This being my last year, and not wanting to contribute to anything that might cause us to lose, the thought of not playing actually crossed my mind (not that I sucked or anything). However, once I got on the field, adrenaline just took over. Got screwed anyway! So, I guess it wouldn't have mattered. :rolleyes:

Rocketman - In second place,,,, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

ampssuck

Edited by Rocketman

My first finals was '81 Montreal. We had run out of food so that morning for breakfast we had peanunts, marshmallows, and a slice of our color guard captain's ageout cake (now THERE'S nutrition!).

We didn't rehearse much that day but I do remember taking the bus ride to Olympic Stadium early that day as all of the finalist corps were allowed rehearsal time in the stadium to become familiar with the acoustics.

Dinner that evening made me sick and I was turning all kinds of colors on the way to the stadium for the performance. I ran straight for the facilities inside upon our arrival. I was cursing to myself as our uniform was not made for getting into and out of quickly.

The performance....the brass was on fire that night. We had the high execution mark on the field and were tied by the Blue Devils. I also remember the standing O's we got after Fire Dance & Elks Parade. The year was rough and I had considered not coming back for my ageout in 1982. That is until we were making the final push in our closer and I just saw rows upon rows of people getting off of their feet and applauding. ....in all decks! I remember thinking at that very moment, "how could I not do this again?".

Thank you to the largest crowd DCI has ever seen to date.

btw....does anyone remember the snow flurries in 1982 Montreal???