Info for the Red Carpet Association

:)

Edited by E-PhIvE

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one remember the Cumberland Md. Freestatesmen? They were an RCA corps for awhile. also seems that there was another canadian corps, not Guelph or Burlington or Kawartha. Boy, getting the memory jogged sure is fun ,Eh!

Lets me go back into my memory banks: Imperial Knights, Sudbury - Kawatha Kavaliers, Lindsay - Genadiers , Kingston and I believe Canada's Marching Ambassadors, Toronto all from Ontario

Lets me go back into my memory banks: Imperial Knights, Sudbury - Kawatha Kavaliers, Lindsay - Genadiers , Kingston and I believe Canada's Marching Ambassadors, Toronto all from Ontario

I think I remember the Burlington Commanders being from Canada and in RCA

I think I remember the Burlington Commanders being from Canada and in RCA

I really am getting old, how could I forget the great pumpkin aka Commanders

Hey Roger,

Reading this stuff gives me an idea,.................how about we get a page up called RCA History Archives?,......................

Looking at the list of Corps, in 1975 a corps called Gypsy Brass were in a lot of RCA shows and the finals, where are they from?

Hey Roger,

What follows is a complete listing of all of the corps that competed in the RCA championship shows. It is believed that a preliminary competition was held at one or more of the RCA Championship shows, but no scores were found during the research that was conducted for this article.

Phoenix Rochester NY

Royalaires Guelph ONT

Pittsburgh Rockets Pittsburgh PA

Westshoremen Harrisburg PA

Canada's Marching Ambassadors Toronto ONT

Erie Thunderbirds Erie PA

Canadian Commanders Burlington ONT

Syracuse Brigadiers Syracuse NY

Connecticut Yankees Stratford CT

Brass Inc. St. Paul MN

Hamburg Kingsmen Hamburg NY

Emmaus Sentinels Emmaus PA

Rhode Island Matadors Providence RI

Grenadiers/Yardmen Kingston ONT

Hanover Lancers Hanover PA

Kawartha Kavaliers Lindsay ONT

Dansville White Sabers Dansville NY

Johnsonburg Diplomats Johnsonburg PA

Maumee Demons Maumee OH

Gardner Guards Altoona PA

Suburban Knights Getzville NY

Dunkirk Patriots Dunkirk NY

Imperial Knights Sudbury ONT

Esquires Westmoreland PA

Garden Statesmen Dover NJ

York White Roses York PA

Vern Acklin Cavaliers Verona PA

Freestatesmen Cumberland MD

Thats the list from the previous post

I am pretty sure York White Roses were from Toronto not PA

I'm pretty sure that was the York Lions. Their nickname was the 'White Roses', but they were a junior corps from the mid 60's. From what I've read, they had two or three very competitive years.

Looking at the list of Corps, in 1975 a corps called Gypsy Brass were in a lot of RCA shows and the finals, where are they from?

Gypsy Brass was from Jamestown NY,......................my stepdad marched with them, my Dad taught there,..................for a very breif time they tried to reform as "Chrome"

I'm pretty sure that was the York Lions. Their nickname was the 'White Roses', but they were a junior corps from the mid 60's. From what I've read, they had two or three very competitive years.

According to dbcna.com and other places I've read. The York Lions aka White Knights were from the York area of Toronto. And yes they were a Jr corps sponsored by the Lions club.

York, PA White Roses (York is the White Rose City - oy) was took turns being a Senior and Junior corps while they existed in the 1950s-1970s. During the RCA years they were Sr and merged with the Hershey Chocolatiers in the mid 70s. Maddening thing is there is very little info on the short lived merger and any online scores I found list either White Roses or Chocolatiers like it's two different corps. Only "hard evidence" I have is a recording of the corps doing an exhibition at a DCA show they hosted and they are announced as "Hershey Chocolatiers/York White Roses". :ph34r:

According to dbcna.com and other places I've read. The York Lions aka White Knights were from the York area of Toronto. And yes they were a Jr corps sponsored by the Lions club.

York, PA White Roses (York is the White Rose City - oy) was took turns being a Senior and Junior corps while they existed in the 1950s-1970s. During the RCA years they were Sr and merged with the Hershey Chocolatiers in the mid 70s. Maddening thing is there is very little info on the short lived merger and any online scores I found list either White Roses or Chocolatiers like it's two different corps. Only "hard evidence" I have is a recording of the corps doing an exhibition at a DCA show they hosted and they are announced as "Hershey Chocolatiers/York White Roses". :ph34r:

B) Ritchie Price, a York High School grad, soloed for the White Rose while still in high school( We played them in football )...