Info for the Red Carpet Association

i remember going to rca shows in 75, and 77, but i dont think finals was an option financially. Jim the show i remember in Mechanicsburg was a DCA show that started in 78. I do remember and RCA show at East penn...may have been around 77

1975 RCA was at Hamilton, Ont which would have been a drive. :P Interesting thing was that year RCA actually had a Prelims format. Instead we went to Corning, NY in 1975 and didn't come in last for the first time since we reformed the year before. Beat Blue Rock and Interstatesmen. :sumo:

Just looked up the Mechanicsburg show on Rons site and see my RCA/DCA confusion. I remember Chocolatiers were at the show but now see they were in exhibition. And Ron must have it right because I'm the one who sent him the scores. :sumo:

East Penn I'm just blanking out on.... :huh:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was something local, i know we didnt go far...it was a sunday show.

and i remember the old Mechanicsburg show, because at that time i lived 3 blocks away and walked down

Does any one remember the Cumberland Md. Freestatesmen? They were an RCA corps for awhile. also seems that there was another canadian corps, not Guelph or Burlington or Kawartha. Boy, getting the memory jogged sure is fun ,Eh!

You mean Kingston Grenadiers then Grenadiers/Yardmen? Who also went on to compete in DCA from 1995-2005?

Where were the Yardmen from?...............before joining forces with Kingston?

The Yardmen were from Belleville Ontario

Here are all the Canadian Coprs that competed in the RCA

Ontario Canada Corps

Canada's Marching Ambassadors Toronto ONT 1970

Canadian Commanders Burlington ONT 1970, 1971

Grenadiers/Yardmen Kingston ONT 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976

Imperial Knights Sudbury ONT 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976

Kawartha Kavaliers Lindsay ONT 1972, 1973, 1978

Niagara Regionnaires Niagara Falls Ont 1978

Royalaires Guelph ONT 1969, 1970,1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978

Sure I remeber the Freestatesmen

The Yardmen were from Belleville, ON. I'm assuming that's why the Belleville show every July is where it is. Lots of drum corps folks in and around the area.

I just wish we could get a show in Kingston. We have Richardson Stadium on Queen's campus which would hold quite a few people. We haven't had a show in Kingston since 1995 when we had a show at Fort Henry and Richardson Stadium. 2 in one year was AMAZING!

We have Richardson Stadium on Queen's campus which would hold quite a few people. We haven't had a show in Kingston since 1995 when we had a show at Fort Henry and Richardson Stadium. 2 in one year was AMAZING!

Played Kingston in 86 Empire (only show I did that year). Would that have been the stadium? Nice place-great crowd!

Edited by Storkysr

Played Kingston in 86 Empire (only show I did that year). Would that have been the stadium? Nice place-great crowd!

Most likely it would have been Richardson Stadium. It's the only venue big enough to hold a multi corps show. Actually it's big enough to hold a large scale show. Lots of seating, plenty parking area, and a lot of schools in and around the district for corps to rehearse at.