You know you're "Old School" when revisited...

Ah, yes........male drum corps members wearing hairnets.....The Lynwood (CA) Diplomats were all about that in 1971.

BTW: I finally cut my mid-back length long white hair in 2002 at age 55. No half-steppin', went straight for the old-guy athletic buzz.

Side benefit is that I no longer get Stink-Eye from, say, Pismo Beach police.

This old school thread sure brings back the memories and the friends from back in the day.

Check out some of the new Fleetwood CDs.....just enough scratchiness to them to remind you of the old LPs.

RON HOUSLEY

"...I used to be lost

in the shuffle, but

now I just shuffle

along with the lost...."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yes........male drum corps members wearing hairnets.....The Lynwood (CA) Diplomats were all about that in 1971. 

We (Garfield) had "haircut day" which is when our hair HAD to be above the EARS and not touching the collar. I think around May 1 in time for parade season to start.

Two of our drummers who had longish hair tried to get away with wigs, but the blond guy bought the the cheapest, most ridiculous silver wig you'd ever seen, and the brown-haired guy tried to pass a BLACK wig off.

Of course, in any case wigs wouldn't have cut it anyway.

Mike

When I think of longhairs, I always think of Madison in the early 70s. Dan Guerney mentioned short hair wigs, or maybe not?, in some thread.

I just heard stories about short hair on the comp field and long hair at retreat...and I think I heard it from some SCV guys I used to hang around with.....might be completely wrong here, tho.

RON HOUSLEY