Jeff Butera's FDCI

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of July 1 the DCP-I Corps are ruling!!

3 06/30 coldfusion...............17.05 17.1 16.55 15.57 14.24 14.8 15 16.89 80.675 0

7 07/01 Tennessee Nipples.. 15.7 16.5 16.06 16.25 16.29 15.7 16.2 15.5 80.200 0

10 06/27 YogiBoo..................16.4 16.5 16.2 15.23 16.5 16 14.91 15.37 80.005 0

11 06/30 Oakland Skylarks ....17.05 17.1 16.55 16.2 13.97 16.88 14.66 13.37 79.965 0

4 in the top 12!!!

As of July 1 the DCP-I Corps are ruling!!

3 06/30 coldfusion...............17.05 17.1 16.55 15.57 14.24 14.8 15 16.89 80.675 0

7 07/01 Tennessee Nipples.. 15.7 16.5 16.06 16.25 16.29 15.7 16.2 15.5 80.200 0

10 06/27 YogiBoo..................16.4 16.5 16.2 15.23 16.5 16 14.91 15.37 80.005 0

11 06/30 Oakland Skylarks ....17.05 17.1 16.55 16.2 13.97 16.88 14.66 13.37 79.965 0

4 in the top 12!!!

Props to you guys b**bs :worthy:

Yep, I am YogiBoo here, on FDCI and my own league on drumlines.org. Ill be posting some screen caps for you all to see on how I run my league for feedback, comments, flaming, etc :) Glad to see four of us taking it up a notch over on FDCI. Good job everyone!

Awesome! Let's see it!!

Ouch, i got KILLED today with a 1.54 point drop in score.....This is mostly due to the Esperanza percussion caption dropping 2 points in one day :(

Ah well, I'll have to kick back now and wait until later in the season to make my final push since now caption changes count against you.

Yep, I am YogiBoo here, on FDCI and my own league on drumlines.org. Ill be posting some screen caps for you all to see on how I run my league for feedback, comments, flaming, etc :)  Glad to see four of us taking it up a notch over on FDCI.  Good job everyone!

Awesome! Let's see it!!

Well here it is..this is how my league on drumlines.org runs. Im the Executive Director and I have 4 other people who along with myself make up the Executive Committee. DLWebmaestro, one of the Executive Committee members, created a database using mySQL so that the league is interactive within the site. Picking a tour schedule, selecting captions, making caption changes etc. can all be made "on-the-fly" with the scripts he wrote. Here is pretty much how it looks:

discussion.jpg

This is the main discussion page within the complete forum page. Pretty much like here on DCP

corpspage.jpg

This is the main page for each individual corps. You'll notice on the top left it says, "My corps YogiBoo Velcro Knights Div Rankings"

When a member of DLOFDC logs into Drumlines.org, that will automatically pop up, no matter where they are at on the site. They can click on one of their corps and it will take them to the page above. On this page, each corps director can view their tour schedule on the left, their caption choices along with how many caption changes you have remaining. Next to each caption, there is a "change caption" button that is hyperlinked to another page where you can change your captions. You can't see it on mine because I am out of changes :) Below the caption changes, a corps director can view their last 3 shows for reference. The "0.00"s are captions that have not been entered yet. The show locations on the left are hyperlinked. If you click on it, it will take you to this for example:

showpage.jpg

From here, you can see which corps are perfoming at the show you are at. Or if the show has already been computed, you can go there and see your placement and score in relation to others. Each corps is hyperlinked so you can click on a corps and it will take you to their corps page.

By clicking on the "Div Rankings" while you are logged in, it will take you to this:

rankings.jpg

From here, all corps are ranked by the highest score acheived. The rankings are split up by division. In the next few days, we will be "power ranking" the corps according to their performance during the week, trends, etc.

For the season schedule, we decided to do this:

schedule.jpg

All the shows for the season are hyperlinked, so you can click on any show and see who is competing at the show. You can also see how other corps around the country performed on any night.

How do we enter scores? Look here:

input.jpg

This is where the other executive committee members and I input scores. When DCI posts the recaps, we input the scores here, and the database sorts the scores and assigns them to the corresponding caption that a director has chosen. This all happens INSTANTANEOUSLY. Its all "on-the-fly". What about corps that don't compete on a night? That have to be "projected"?

Look here:

projections.jpg

Each Div 1 corps from DCI is listed. When you click on one of the corps, the database automatically computes caption scores based on the three previous outings posted. There is a formula that I designed for the projections that the scripting is created around. From here, I enter the projections into the projections page, and they are uploaded immediately.

And thats basically it! This is our second season, and we plan on doing a season in the fall, spring and summer. We have 88 corps this season, 35 in Div 1, 30 in Div 2 and 28 in Div 3. The top 2 corps in Div 2 and Div 3 get to attend the Div 1 prelims during finals week. From there, if the Div 2/3 corps make semi's, they are guaranteed a spot in Div 1 for next season. The bottom 4 placing corps in Div 1 get bumped down to Div 2 for next season and the bottom 2 placing corps in Div 2 get bumped down to Div 3 for next season.

Div 1 is 135pts and Div2/3 are 120pts. Tell me what you think guys?

Edited by bernie_VKpit

Yeah, it's a snap now. For the first season, I did exactly what you did. Using spreadsheets and all. Then the Executive Committee formed and we pooled our "talents" to come up with what you see. It stills is alot of work though! :) Programming it was a bear, but it's the basis now for seasons to come.