I just watched Star '90 again

(Heh, okay, truce, Sartoris... :P )

Even though I marched "Belshazzar's Feast" (and somewhat selfishly consider it 'mine' :P)I'd really love to see that show on the field again. Based on the horn lines now, I think Phantom or Santa Clara could do it.

It's just I wonder what the visual element would be like...although we are 14 years removed from that show, I can't help but compare to George Zingali.

It would truly be something to see (hint, hint, for 2005, folks!)

Even though I marched "Belshazzar's Feast" (and somewhat selfishly consider it 'mine' :P)I'd really love to see that show on the field again. Based on the horn lines now, I think Phantom or Santa Clara could do it.

It's just I wonder what the visual element would be like...although we are 14 years removed from that show, I can't help but compare to George Zingali.

It sure would. It would take a special hornline to do it justice, that's for sure. The musical demand didn't affect your corps visual too much. At least, not as far as I could see. I really liked that visual program. The company front at the end is a must if a corps redoes it.

It sure would. It would take a special hornline to do it justice, that's for sure. The musical demand didn't affect your corps visual too much. At least, not as far as I could see. I really liked that visual program. The company front at the end is a must if a corps redoes it.

I would literally weep like a little girl if said corps made the two star formations during the two hits in the closer.

*hint, wink*

1990 Star (and '91 for that matter) were truly talented lines. I don't know if another corps could pull off that kind of show. I'm sure they would be great in their own respects but to create that same feeling again......hmmmmm...... that would be a tough order to fill.

1990 Star (and '91 for that matter) were truly talented lines.  I don't know if another corps could pull off that kind of show.  I'm sure they would be great in their own respects but to create that same feeling again......hmmmmm...... that would be a tough order to fill.

I admit it...I'm a Star snob, but after witnessing Cavies and Cadets tonight I think it could be done again. I haven't followed drum corps too closely in recent years but finally got to watch Cavies rehearse today. The demand was much greater than anything I ever played (of course I can't speak for the mellos). I think the programs these two corps are putting on right now have to rank up there in the difficulty level. Cavies are marching at higher tempos (something they didn't do in '90) and effectively to boot. Now that they have the wheels, I think it could be done. On the other hand, it would be very easy to fall short.

I admit it...I'm a Star snob, but after witnessing Cavies and Cadets tonight I think it could be done again.  I haven't followed drum corps too closely in recent years but finally got to watch Cavies rehearse today.  The demand was much greater than anything I ever played (of course I can't speak for the mellos).  I think the programs these two corps are putting on right now have to rank up there in the difficulty level.  Cavies are marching at higher tempos (something they didn't do in '90) and effectively to boot.  Now that they have the wheels, I think it could be done.  On the other hand, it would be very easy to fall short.

I agree that the demand level has risen since 90 and 91. The things that made 90 Star great were not only the members on the field, but also the design of the show and the talented staff that put it all together. I think the latter part (combination of the design team) is the difficult of the equation when it comes to duplicating the success of this show.