Massillon Review

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your review and honest opinion about Phantom Regiment. For years I have loved this corps and has constantly asked myself, Why do they play classical music every year? This year they are trying something different and the audience still complains#@$%^&*? I (for one) love their show this year. Different music with a different approach to their drill.

iceman..... What " crap " have you encountered in Lynn, Mass. from "the crowds " before ? Just curious, as I've attended this show for years, and the fans have always been polite and courteous to all the corps in Lynn. Since the 60's there has been a drum corps show in Lynn. Never once, to my knowledge ,has a corps  been subjected to a catcall from the stands that apparently we heard  about tonight in Ohio from your report.....  Mass. crowds and the people in Mass. I've known have enjoyed the Bluecoats when they have performed in Mass.  Immensely. I know I have . So I'm a little confused as to the " crap " the crowd has given the Bluecoats in Lynn, Mass.  Were there similar catcalls from the audience generated to the Bluecoats ? When ? Care to elaborate ? Just curious, as I'm dumfounded by this charge of the hostility of Mass. crowds to the Bluecoats in the past.

I too have been and seen Bluecoats many, many times in Lynn at Bostons' show and have never once ever heard anyone yell anything. Furthermore the Bluecoats usually receive one of the best ovations of the night!

Hostility, not in Lynn and not from the audience in MA!

I too have been and seen Bluecoats many, many times in Lynn at Bostons' show and have never once ever heard anyone yell anything.  Furthermore the Bluecoats usually receive one of the best ovations of the night!

Hostility, not in Lynn and not from the audience in MA!

I remember the show last year, but i remember being too mad about the scoring spread between us and Boston to really think clearly. I do, however, remember hearing at about 5 shows that were coincidentally all in New England shouts like "Crossmen Got Ripped!" or people "BOOOOing" (NOT bluuuueing) when we beat BAC... shouts of "BOSTON SHOULD HAVE WON" also come to mind... yeah- i would have to say that every time we were in areas that might be considered boston or crossmen "turf" and we beat one of their corps, the general consensus from the audience was extreme disapproval of the judging/scoring that they weren’t afraid to share with us from the stands while we were standing right in front of them. This did not happen in the south, or in the midwest... or in Orlando....

No hostility in MA? Think that might have something to do with the fact that Boston outscored us by more than a point-? :blink:

I remember the show last year, but i remember being too mad about the scoring spread between us and Boston to really think clearly.  I do, however, remember hearing at about 5 shows that were coincidentally all in New England shouts like "Crossmen Got Ripped!" or people "BOOOOing" (NOT bluuuueing) when we beat BAC...  shouts of "BOSTON SHOULD HAVE WON" also come to mind...  yeah- i would have to say that every time we were in areas that might be considered boston or crossmen "turf" and we beat one of their corps, the general consensus from the audience was extreme disapproval of the judging/scoring that they weren’t afraid to share with us from the stands while we were standing right in front of them.  This did not happen in the south, or in the midwest... or in Orlando.... 

No hostility in MA?  Think that might have something to do with the fact that Boston outscored us by more than a point-?  :blink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't mean to start a war, but thats what I remember too. Not that it it widespread hate or anger, but you can tell when there is a rivalry....

Calm down, I really DON"T care that much about those little things that happened, just thought last night was funny. Peace????

(sorry about the double post... see below)

Edited by nero14

Guess i shouldnt mix studying and posting... that is always a very deadly combination.- kinda just puts you in a mood...---> :blink:

And yeah... definitly not hate or anything (from the fans)... i guess i just meant that there are definitly more or less hostile enviornmens and its not all the same.

I cant wait for this friday!!!

Edited by nero14

Word from the road is changes are going in everyday. Was happy to see the score starting to reflect that last night. Making the changes needed as we make the finial turn and head for Denver!!!!...GO G-MEN!!!

F.M.

:blink: