Hershey quick thoughts and rant

Back at ya! :blink:

OK, I have to ask- did you stick around to see us??

OMG i forgot the Marines! I am so sorry yes! You guys were awesome. Better than last year, and i thought that was your best year in a loong time. top to bottm stacked w/talent. precision as perfect as can be, and that drumline smoked me! Please forgive me, but dont make me drop and give you 50.....i'm wayyyyy to outta shape

thanks jeff.  now what was that $50 bet about??????

well the first bet was $50 i'd watch and not bail. then that person had to cancel the bet due to a car issue( i would have held out). then someone else bet me $50 that i would leave and go party. And well, $50 covers my beer budget for Kingston, so i stayed.

i probably woulda watched anyways. i miss DCI. but the amps, esp SCV when the corps was backfield, just proved me right. either over blanaced or no ###### difference at all.

I agree with a lot ot what Jeff is saying regarding the Sr. Corps. I don't know if it was because I was in Allentown for the previous two days (I hope that isn't it), but there just didn't seem to be the sound coming from Cabs, Bucs, and Brigs that I was hoping for and expecting. I also agree with Fran......I didn't see 10 points difference between CorpVets and everyone else. I know it isn't my hearing because I saw the Marines do the Sunset Parade while I was in DC last week and they sounded much much better in Hershey. Best I have ever heard them sound to be quite honest. Looks to me as though Hawthorne has the show to win it again but not if they are going to leave it on the practice field in the afternoon as Jeff alluded to earlier. I have heard all three of these hornlines sound much cleaner.

Maybe its just my novice non-julliard educated musical ear, but having gone to a lot of JR. shows over the last 20 years I have to say that almost everyone sounds the same to me until you get to the top 8. I find myself going ok 65 horns great don't recognize what you are playing and if my eyes were closed wouldn't be able to discern between you show and the previous 8 corps I just watched.

I thought BD and SCV were unreal as usual........it was a pleasure to basically sit on the 45 14 rows up for both shows in Allentown and Hershey. Great weekend and back to back nights watching BD in concert formation blow the place up.

oh well that i can arrange. i was afraid that Marine love of pushups was gonna haunt me!

Yeah, I knew what you ACTUALLY meant, but I could use the cash. I did plenty of push-ups this morning after our battalion 5-mile run.

hmmm a government employee trying to get money out of me.

you practicing for a run for office?

:P