• Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Bluecoats
    • Glassmen
    • Crossmen
    • Magic of Orlando

Minus the euphs and contras (who weren't bad, but not up to our caliber)

Crown had a d### good baritone line. Perhaps because Jason Buckingham (BK caption head) was our tech?

But then they gave us brand new tune any note baritones 2 weeks before finals. How stupid can you get? Honestly.

Yeah baris.

OK, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but where were you hot young baritone players when I marched?

I met an incredibly lovely young bari soloist in Glassmen, too.

Back in my day, we were a bunch of galoots with bad haircuts, now you're...you're ... PRETTY! :o

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the girl from glassmen look like Haley Mills?

Her and I talked at retreat a few times, she was pretty cool.

And your name is?

Did the girl from glassmen look like Haley Mills?

Her and I talked at retreat a few times, she was pretty cool.

And your name is?

Yeah, she did. I only talked to her briefly at the Lynn, MA show. She was pretty cool.

My name? I'm not hiding anything. My name is Leif. I marched Suncoast in 86 and 87 on euphonium. My shoulders are still sore.

I gotta place my vote down for my buddies at Glassmen. Our lead bari line had an amazing sound and could play every part of the show with ease (or at least they made it look like they could :D). The seconds were smokin too, they gave the whole bari line a nice full sound. And my euphs! What can i say, we were the shizzle, 4 out of 8 of us were age outs. Gotta give props to the tuba line, by far the section that improved the most during the season.

I would have picked Phantom but after hearing a baritone blaring the entire show in Indy i cant vote for them.....SCV great sound

Cavaliers, hands down, both with individual sections and as a whole line. That rich, blended tone that they've developed really brought them a long way, and they deserved that brass trophy; that hornline played incredibly well. They weren't incredibly loud, no, but they played well within the confines of their instruments.

Ever notice that everyone who marched this summer said that the low brass line of the corps they were in was the best? Also, most people who are alumni of a certain corps said that the corps they marched for had the best low brass line of the year. Just kind of silly self-promotion if you ask me. Oh... and I thought Cavies entire horn line was better than any other corps. All part of it included.

Jim