Want to buy old soprano used in 50s & 60s

tommullany

just one valve? that's really weird timing because I just saw one on eBay a couple days ago...let me see if I can find it again...ok, turns out it's a piston one-valve flugelhorn, well it says flugel, but they say they don't know anything about horns, and it looks like a soprano to me, only $19.95...here's the link: eBay bugle auction. hope this helps you...good luck

Keep checking eBay every few days. Only warning I can give is check the pictures REAL close as they can give you a better idea of the horns condition than the write up. And sometimes the write up isn't too good if the person selling isn't a DC person. I've seen a bunch of Piston/rotor horns described as "one vavle" because the seller did not know what what that funny thing in the back was. :rolleyes:

Bought two bugles off of eBay and have had good luck so far, but there were a lot of horns I didn't bid on because I wasn't too sure. Good luck.

just one valve?  that's really weird timing because I just saw one on eBay a couple days ago...let me see if I can find it again...ok, turns out it's a piston one-valve flugelhorn, well it says flugel, but they say they don't know anything about horns, and it looks like a soprano to me, only $19.95...here's the link: eBay bugle auction.  hope this helps you...good luck

just one valve?  that's really weird timing because I just saw one on eBay a couple days ago...let me see if I can find it again...ok, turns out it's a piston one-valve flugelhorn, well it says flugel, but they say they don't know anything about horns, and it looks like a soprano to me, only $19.95...here's the link: eBay bugle auction.  hope this helps you...good luck

Thanks for the input. I did check that horn. It does look like a soprano but has no slide or rotary valve and looks a little beat. I'll keep watching. I may have to learn more about using this system. I may have hit the reply button before finding where to put message! Oh well, I'm tired, just got home from rehearsal. Trying to get my lip back after a 40 year break!!

Keep checking eBay every few days. Only warning I can give is check the pictures REAL close as they can give you a better idea of the horns condition than the write up. And sometimes the write up isn't too good if the person selling isn't a DC person. I've seen a bunch of Piston/rotor horns described as "one vavle" because the seller did not know what what that funny thing in the back was.  :rolleyes:

Bought two bugles off of eBay and have had good luck so far, but there were a lot of horns I didn't bid on because I wasn't too sure. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I did the reply right this time!

Looking for a single valve soprano with a slide or rotary to use in new alumni corp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  Tom

I have a Getzen single valve/slide that I'm willing to part with. It's a Deluxe soprano s/n F1182. It was recently used in an Alumni Corps ( Park City Pride) until we got a deal on2 valve horns. Email me if you want pictures.

Jim

Looking for a single valve soprano with a slide or rotary to use in new alumni corp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  Tom

Tom...I've been trying to send you photos but the Emails are all returned as not able to deliver.

Jim