87 SCV question

I don't remember seeing 87 SCV live (sucks to be me), but I've always wondered if there was a 2nd guard person in the magic trick during "Great Gate at Kiev."

It certainly LOOKS like it...you can see the 2 guys pulling the tarp down again after the girl comes out, but the camera never showed it (and this was a year where there WERE a few minor shot changes from the original video to the DVD).

If so...those 2 girls must've been pretty cramped before the trick...I hope they were good friends!!

Yeah, I thought there was . You can hear the crowd go nuts a second time just before the finale. Too bad the camera missed it!

Jim Wolf

71-77 NJ Black Watch

Here's what I bet happened -- SCV had been doing the trick all along, but just with one girl, right? And the second girl was added especially for finals night. So the camera men and the director were only expecting to see what they had seen the previous evening and didn't know there was gonna be more. So they missed it.

i love the dude in the snare line w/ the hair that made wearing the hat unneccessary

Hey Sam--

You'll find those same two on the '84 video as well-- both were long-time guard vets. The 2nd girl was a good friend of mine; in speaking with her at finals in Denver she mentioned how cramped it was in that thing!  :rolleyes:

Was the 2nd one (no offense, Jeff...since she's your wife & all) the Oriental lady from near the end of "On the Town" in 84? (video...corps is going into the last halt...tight shot on the guard setting up for their 2nd to last set with the parsols...guard strikes a lunging forward pose...everyone in BD who saw the video on the way home starfted drooling...GREAT legs!!)