DCP-I Rules Congress

I think the adding of points to certain corps, may act as a bad thing. New directors may look at that and say I have no chance, since this person already knows what he is doing AND he gets more points than me....

Title of Proposed Change Finals week format

Description: During finals week, each corps who makes it to the next round is awarded 1 bonus point to their captions. If you make it out of prelims to quarterfinals, you get a bonus point. If you make it to semis, another point, if you make it into finals you get another. But you may only make 1 caption change, you can not re-do every caption.

All caption changes would be due by midnight eastern, or central time, after the announcement of show scores. Caption choices would be first come, first served, as always.

Rationale  It will make finals even more unpredictable! Add more parity to the activity, and reward the corps that make finals.

Submitted by: CincinnatiGloryMello

Tennessee Nipples

Sons of Thunder

Cincinnati Glory

I'll play devil's advocate on this one....

Currently as far as I know, we are not making caption changes during finals week (correct me if I am wrong)

This proposal would mean that there would be lots of caption changes within a short amount of time. Wouldn't this be quite difficult for steve to manage all those caption changes, point changes, and scores all during finals week?

If not, then nevermind, sounds good. :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently caption changes stop a week before finals. But with this, it wouldnt cause much extra work. Since there is a clause that says you can only change 1 caption per show in finals week. So changing 17 captions is not that hard. Trust me, I know, I did most of the caption changes last year, so there is not too much work involved.

And #### if Steve does not want to do the changes, I will! hahaha!

"Finally, we come to my number two man. His name? Number Two"

I think the adding of points to certain corps, may act as a bad thing. New directors may look at that and say I have no chance, since this person already knows what he is doing AND he gets more points than me....

Title of Proposed Change Finals week format

Description: During finals week, each corps who makes it to the next round is awarded 1 bonus point to their captions. If you make it out of prelims to quarterfinals, you get a bonus point. If you make it to semis, another point, if you make it into finals you get another. But you may only make 1 caption change, you can not re-do every caption.

All caption changes would be due by midnight eastern, or central time, after the announcement of show scores. Caption choices would be first come, first served, as always.

Rationale  It will make finals even more unpredictable! Add more parity to the activity, and reward the corps that make finals.

Submitted by: CincinnatiGloryMello

Tennessee Nipples

Sons of Thunder

Cincinnati Glory

I'll second that. Sounds fun.

I have a 7:30 appointment but I should be back in time to catch part of the chat.

Where is the chat? AIM? MSN? YAHOO? JABBAR? ICQ? And what screenname should I IM to get added to the chat?

DCP uses AIM format. If you are not able to get into the chatroom, my SN is DrCShawnP and I'll get you in.