DCP-I Rules Congress

TITLE OF PROPOSED CHANGE: Championships placement for winter (off) season

DESCRIPTION: For the winter season we should have a poll for where championships is going to be. This poll should be between the location of the corps that made finals. In other words finals for the off season should be chosen from one of the finalists of the previous season and hosted by them.

PURPOSE/RATIONALE: Convience for corps. It lets them decide where it is and will also help better to improve the selection of where corps wish to compete throughout the season. It will also show respect to the finalists corps from the precious season.

Submitted by: Zach Eberle (Director)

Corps: Black Devils - Division I

DCP Screen Name: DCIjazzsoul

Edited by DCIjazzsoul

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title of Proposed Change: No Division II/III Corps Allowed to Compete in Division I Prelims, Quarter-finals, Semi-finals, or Finals.

Description: For the winter season and summer seasons, the Division II/III corps should not be allowed to compete in Division I Championship week competition. This includes; Prelims, Quarter-finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals. Division II/III corps have their own Championship. If Division II/III corps want compete with Division I corps, they should petition at the end of the season to compete as a Regional Division I corps.

Purpose/Rationale: This allows for Division I corps to compete with each other during Championships, without Division II/III corps vying for those spots. Division II/III corps have their own Championship, and it isn't fair for them to compete and possibly take a potential performance away from a Division I corps, who hasnt had that chance to perform. These reasons are the same as they are in the real DCI. We no longer allow Division II/III to compete after their own Championship. Each Division has it's own, and that makes it fair for all corps.

Submitted by: Matthew J. Smith (Director)

Corps: Tri-Color, Emerald Regime, and Silver Knights

Division I

DCP Screen Name: ScadesBari

Edited by ScadesBari

Here are the first of mine:

DRUM CORPS PLANET INTERNATIONAL (DCP-I)

RULES PROPOSAL FORM

TITLE OF PROPOSED CHANGE: Regional Additions

DESCRIPTION:

These shows should be along the lines of the US-Open, and will be stored forever in the DCI History Charts. Some suggested regionals:

DCPI Euro-Open - ???

DCPI Central American Open – Mexico City, Mex

American Legion Championships – ???

VFW Nationals - ???

PURPOSE/RATIONALE:

Each of these added regionals will provide more opportunities for corps to compete with each other and provide more champions.

A DCP-I Europe is in the works as we speak. Just need to work out the contracts and money with the host city. I think it's Berlin....shesh, I leave all this work at home.

Edited by sburstall

TITLE OF PROPOSED CHANGE: Championships placement for winter (off) season

DESCRIPTION: For the winter season we should have a pole for where championships is going to be. This pole should be between the location of the corps that made finals. In other words finals for teh off season should be chosen from one of the finalists of the previous season and hosted by them.

PURPOSE/RATIONALE: Convience for corps. It lets them decide where it is and will also help better to improve the selection of where corps wish to compete throughout the season. It will also show respect to the finalists corps from the precious season.

I have absolutely no problems with this. I'm throwing my hat behind this proposal.

Harry, would this be for the winter seasons, or for all seasons? So far, the two summer seasons have mirrored real-life locations (although that means that 06 will see a midwest summer final, being in Madison and all)

Sorry, I meant for the winter season only

Edited by Skylinersop16

======================

Title: 2000-2004 caption choices.

Description: This rule would allow managers to choose captions from the 2000-2004 DCI seasons during winter competition.

Rationale: This rule will give managers a more diverse field of captions to choose from, hopefully resulting in more diverse and realistic scores. This change would be in effect only during winter seasons; summer seasons would still use "live" scores from the current season only. 2000 is when the current scoring format was introduced for DCI shows, with the additional percussion caption being the only change made.

Submitted by: Matt Briddell (Galen)

Representing:

Kosmos (I), Kadence (I), Overdrive (II), Lake Woebegon Crusaders (III)

This one may be very difficult to do. It would be hard getting all of the recaps from the previous years. Unless you know of somewhere that has all of them.... If you do, then I wouldnt mind setting that up.

Rules Proposals:

Title: 2000-2004 caption choices.

Description: This rule would allow managers to choose captions from the 2000-2004 DCI seasons during winter competition.

Rationale: This rule will give managers a more diverse field of captions to choose from, hopefully resulting in more diverse and realistic scores. This change would be in effect only during winter seasons; summer seasons would still use "live" scores from the current season only. 2000 is when the current scoring format was introduced for DCI shows, with the additional percussion caption being the only change made.

Representing:

:rolleyes::whistle:

Are you trying to kill Jeff and me??

:music::rock:

Of course this is dependant if and when I get the FDCI programming running.

Edited by sburstall

Steve, I was under the impression that you had access to this data already.

Rules Proposals:

DRUM CORPS PLANET INTERNATIONAL (DCP-I)

RULES PROPOSAL FORM

TITLE OF PROPOSED CHANGE: 1 Corps Per Div. I Director.

DESCRIPTION:

This rule would limit a director to managing only 1 Div. 1 corps per season; Div. 2/3 managers would be unaffected by this change.

PURPOSE/RATIONALE:

Over the first few seasons, there has been a good bit of disparity between directors who enter multiple corps in a division and directors who only enter a single corps. The theory is, like in auto racing, that one corps serves as a "test corps" or a means for trying out various captions to see which ones will work; those captions are then implemented within another corps to assure that both corps will finish very high in the standings. In essence, a director doing this is ensuring two finalist positions for himself, potentially eliminating another corps and director that would have potentially been a finals contender. This proposal is designed to bring more parity to DCPI by ensuring the rule of "one corps per director per division" Due to the fact that we have 2 seasons per year, one in the summer and one in the winter, directors with multiple corps in the same division would not be forced to deactivate one corps or make them compete in a different division; they could easily split their corps to have one compete in one season and another in the other. This is the model that I would implement, should this rule change pass. Division 2 and 3 corps would be unaffected by this change.

Representing:

Title: 1 corps per director per division.

Description: This rule would limit a director to managing only 1 corps in each division per season.

Rationale: Same as above, except that it applies to Div. 2 and Div. 3 directors as well.

Representing:

I'll second both of these.

Title of Proposed Change: 9 Captions, 9 Corps

Description: Any one corps can not use the same corps in their captions twice. This will require each director to more carefully choose the captions they want.

Purpose/Rationale: This will require each director to more carefully choose the captions they want to use. It will take a little more thought, but that’s the point.

Submitted by: Bill Price (Director)

Corps: Velour Knights

Division I

DCP Screen Name: exvkdm