Massachusetts Drum Corps Question

Boy what diversions to pacify LancerFi ! Her knowledge of the 27 guard is impeccable and spans a generation. Why, she even dated a few 27 drummers during her tenure. You've got to be in sales with those lines. :P

I must admit to some forgetfulness for those "weak sisters" that joined and quit in during the wintah months, but my memory of those who lasted through an entire season is pretty good.

You might want to have the FBD check for AWOL Ozie's along the river banks of the Charles.

FOX NEWS ALERT

THE FBD HAS MOVED THE SEARCH

to the bank's of the "Muddy River"

Thanks for the tip

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOX NEWS ALERT

THE FBD HAS MOVED THE SEARCH

to the bank's of the "Muddy River"

Thanks for the tip

Good thing they wanted until the parade was done.

The fbd are now using the Duck Boats up and down the “ Muddy River”

“Boston your my town” I remember the song and I remember

Ozie and Guy, from Watertown. And yes, they did march in 27

breaking news

According to inside sources close to this investigation

“Two passports pulled from the Muddy Rivers.”

Please - our only "Guy" was Guy Griffey - who played 2nd sop then contra. He marched 72-3-4.

There was absolutely no Ozie - unless of course - he was already in the drum corps witness protection program (aka DCWPP), had shrunk a foot, and had a different name.

More on this at 11pm.

Please - our only "Guy" was Guy Griffey - who played 2nd sop then contra. He marched 72-3-4.

There was absolutely no Ozie - unless of course - he was already in the drum corps witness protection program (aka DCWPP),  had shrunk a foot, and had a different name.

More on this at 11pm.

and guy was from? yes watertown.

so maybe he was not 6'9"

Does anybody remember anything about Whalers Drum Corps?  I had a boss a few years ago who kept mentioning that he marched with them.  Based out of New Bedford, I think.

Yes,

There was a drum corps called The Whalers from New Bedford, MA. I know that because a bunch of them went on to march in the RI Matadors Senior Drum and Bugle Corps.

I don't personally remember The Whalers (I grew up in NH), but I marched in the Matadors. When the Matadors reformed in 1999 for it's appearances as an Alumni corps at DCA, we had a bunch of Whalers march. It was really nice to meet all those people.

Sharon

Yes,

There was a drum corps called The Whalers from New Bedford, MA.  I know that because a bunch of them went on to march in the RI Matadors Senior Drum and Bugle Corps.

I don't personally remember The Whalers (I grew up in NH), but I marched in the Matadors.  When the Matadors reformed in 1999 for it's appearances as an Alumni corps at DCA, we had a bunch of Whalers march.  It was really nice to meet all those people.

Sharon

Some how I missed this the first time. From what I remember hearing and reading in History of DC books, the Whalers were a Senior corps and active in at least the late 60s. Looks like they competed in the small corps circuit or maybe a circuit up New England way as I don't think they went to DCA. Saw a listing for a record the Whalers were on in '68 or '69 with a few other small Seniors but haven't seen it for sale anywhere. (I'm still looking as my old corps is also on it.)

Just had another Whalers flashback. I remember hearing or reading that the Whalers didn't use a rifle or saber to guard the American Flag section. Supposedly they had a guy with a harpoon in the AF section.

Have no idea if this is true or not. If true I would love to see the picture.