Massachusetts Drum Corps Question

and guy was from? yes watertown.

so maybe he was not 6'9"

Some kind of detective. The original comment was for a 2-7 cymbal player from Watertown that was 6'-9". I suppose a horn carrying sop/contra is close enough. Case closed? Oops - and where is Ozie?

Sorry - StMary's has got to really show me something. If we are going to throw names and dates - let's get a little more humble when things don't turn out as they were originally expressed. This episode sounds more like the Get Smart School of Detective Work more than Perry Mason.

As for the Whalers - http://www.corpsreps.com/whalers says they are an inactive senior corps started in 1960. They list two seasons of shows - 1967 and 1972. My memory says they were going to compete in the Red Carpet Association. Come on dinosaurs - you must remember the RCA circuit!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some kind of detective. The original comment was for a 2-7 cymbal player from Watertown that was 6'-9". I suppose a horn carrying sop/contra is close enough. Case closed? Oops - and where is Ozie?

Sorry - StMary's has got to really show me something. If we are going to throw names and dates - let's get a little more humble when things don't turn out as they were originally expressed. This episode sounds more like the Get Smart School of Detective Work more than Perry Mason.

As for the Whalers - http://www.corpsreps.com/whalers says they are an inactive senior corps started in 1960. They list two seasons of shows - 1967 and 1972. My memory says they were going to compete in the Red Carpet Association. Come on dinosaurs - you must remember the RCA circuit!

CNN breaking news

Arrest made in the Muddy River Case

Apparently the tip that sent agents to Revere Beach the other night was a Decoy.

Guy had given the agents this decoy, back at the Watertown FBD Detainee center.

Ozie was pick up late last night rowing his canoe up the river and is now cooperating a bit, and has given up his name, corps and section only.

Guy at 6’9” ish was easily the first one pickup in Watertown he actually

didn’t bring his cymbal’s to Revere in 1972, and marched in the brass line,

as a soprano and finally as a Contra Bass, His talking now, a lot.

Both are now looking at some serious jail time, as agents were not very

happy, with amount of time, money, and risk, that had gone into the

Search at Sea Decoy. A wild goose chase from revere beach, and then

up and down the muddy river,in a duck boat.

Back to Ozie or Ozzie or Oz?, one of many names, agent found on numerous passports, in the boat. And yes, he did march in the 27th Drum Line, snare ? not sure, maybe bass drum? His Name J.C....... He seems to be a bit harder to break, then Guy, and did ask for his lawyer, but was denied. Rumor has it, Agents are now using a sting gun, just like in the show 24.

The Oz has not given in, as of yet, and only will give agents his Name, Corps, and Section. Agents believe Oz is the “ Mastermind, very dangerous, and so very HardCorps. And yes he did march in Watertown And as far as the 27 suspect pick up on Revere Beach, nothing more then Immigration Issues. all are being held and will be deported.

The fbd has closed this case and sealed or destroyed all the files.

Now as far as "Not a single one went to 27" your right ? we now

Know at least two DID.

LEGEND, I enjoy your post and accuracy. Actually must say, I agree 99.9%

of the time.

Coming Soon IT'S NEVER TO LATE IN N.J.

or......................HOW OLD, IS OVER AGE

Check with your local stations

Edited by St_Marys64

CNN breaking news

Arrest made in the Muddy River Case

Apparently the tip that sent agents to Revere Beach the other night was a Decoy.

Guy had given the agents this decoy, back at the Watertown FBD Detainee center.

Ozie was pick up late last night rowing his canoe up the river and is now cooperating a bit, and has given up his name, corps and section only.

Guy at 6’9” ish was easily the first one pickup in Watertown he actually

didn’t bring his cymbal’s to Revere in 1972, and marched in the brass line,

as a soprano and finally as a Contra Bass, His talking now, a lot.

Both are now looking at some serious jail time, as agents were not very

happy, with amount of time, money, and risk, that had gone into the

Search at Sea Decoy. A wild goose chase from revere beach, and then

up and down the muddy river,in a duck boat.

Back to Ozie or Ozzie or Oz?, one of many names, agent found on numerous passports, in the boat. And yes, he did march in the 27th Drum Line, snare ? not sure, maybe bass drum? His Name J.C....... He seems to be a bit harder to break, then Guy, and did ask for his lawyer, but was denied. Rumor has it, Agents are now using a sting gun, just like in the show 24.

The Oz has not given in, as of yet, and only will give agents his Name, Corps, and Section. Agents believe Oz is the “ Mastermind, very dangerous, and so very HardCorps. And yes he did march in Watertown And as far as the 27 suspect pick up on Revere Beach, nothing more then Immigration Issues. all are being held and will be deported.

Know at least two DID.

of the time.

BINGO, I WIN

Glad my money was on........

St Marys64

Checked www.srcorps.com and see Whalers/Jolly Whalers in some Northeastern Circuit shows in the early 60s. Don't see them in any RCA Championship results but not all small corps went to RCA Champs.

As for the RCA dinosaur part - Tried to do my T Rex roar but ended up sounding like a kitty cat * meow * :P . I was at RCA Champs in '76 so I resemble that remark. B)

Know at least two DID.

of the time.

Wait - it's the truth serum - it's coming around. How about Glenn "Alfie" Strickland? My memory - after carrying a timp in 1973 - has had long term affects on my spinal chord. I am 3 inches shorter than when I marched.

As my inferior memory serves me, "Alfie" marched BAC in 1972 - and thus - was not a direct asylum case as was Griffey - who crossed the shark infested Charles and Mystic Rivers to get to the promised land of Revea in 1972.

It's the reference to the cymbals - that caught me off guard. Seems I have spilled some Noxon polish on my kilt and need to redeem myself.

This case should now be deemed closed. Unless of course, there is a mole - disguised as a rat - running around out there named Ozie.........only the Shadow could know.

Wait - it's the truth serum - it's coming around. How about Glenn "Alfie" Strickland? My memory - after carrying a timp in 1973 - has had long term affects on my spinal chord. I am 3 inches shorter than when I marched.

As my inferior memory serves me, "Alfie" marched BAC in 1972 - and thus - was not a direct asylum case as was Griffey - who crossed the shark infested Charles and Mystic Rivers to get to the promised land of Revea in 1972.

It's the reference to the cymbals - that caught me off guard. Seems I have spilled some Noxon polish on my kilt and need to redeem myself.

This case should now be deemed closed. Unless of course, there is a mole - disguised as a rat - running around out there named Ozie.........only the Shadow could know.

Yes Ozzie, Alfie and Ape, as they were affectionately

called. Ozzie = Jim Cunniff

Nice Job St_Marys looking forward to the N.J.

INVESTAGATION, I think, thirty was considered

Over Age, unless of course they look young?

Yes Ozzie, Alfie and Ape, as they were affectionately

called. Ozzie = Jim Cunniff

Nice Job St_Marys looking forward to the N.J.

INVESTAGATION, I think, thirty was considered

Over Age, unless of course they look young?

Yikes - Jimmy Cunniff didn't march 2-7 snare until 1978. A different era than Alfie and Guy.

First it was none, then maybe one,

now at least two or three ?

So glad my money was on

St.Mary's,...... as I listen to the theme

from Perry Mason

As Bill Clinton said - there were positively, absolutely, no cymbals players from Watertown - at 6'-9" or any height - at any time - ever. And there were no Watertown snares nicknamed Ozie that marched in the early 1970's with 2-7 snare line.

I taught 2-7 with Cunniff in 1980. Never once did I ever hear anyone refer to him as Ozie.

With smoke and mirrors everything appears to be true.