Favorite Concert Number

Darn!!!! I forgot another fav..."Legend of The One-Eyed Sailor."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...this was not a "concert" number.  "Big Noise...." was the concert number in 1980.

I think that both "In the Stone" and "Big Noise from Winnetka" could count as concert numbers, since the Bridgemen "parked and barked" on both.

*I* consider "In the Stone" to be the concert number for the Bridgemen..."Big Noise" was more of a production number.

Just my opinion.

I think that both "In the Stone" and "Big Noise from Winnetka" could count as concert numbers, since the Bridgemen "parked and barked" on both.

*I* consider "In the Stone" to be the concert number for the Bridgemen..."Big Noise" was more of a production number.

Just my opinion.

Well, here's my side....if you take a look at both selections from the 1980 show, The Bridgemen did a considerable amount of drill during "In The Stone" and very little "park & bark". There was almost constant movement throughout the piece.

At the end and they set up for "Big Noise..." the form looks like a stage and the focus was on the guard portraying Bette Midler and the Harlettes. There were zero drill sets during "Big Noise....".

Using the "model" of the time (OTL, production, concert, drum solo, exit) the difference is clear. If anything, I debate that "In the Stone" was more of the "production number and "Big Noise from Winnetka" was the cocert piece.

Anyone else care to throw in their $.02????

Anyone else care to throw in their $.02????

Going by the amount of drill in each tune, you certainly are correct. Bridgemen moved almost constantly throughout "In the Stone"; their only "park and blow" moment came at the very end, during that glorious build to the final chord. "Big Noise from Winnetka" was pretty much a standstill number . . . though I can see why folks would think of that as a production number, what with all the dancing and theatrics. It was a very similar pattern to the previous year, with "Spanish Dreams" followed by "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" and then closing out with the Civil War medley.

George and Sue:

Okay, you sold me.

I vote for "Big Noise from Winnetka" - 1980 Bridgemen

Sally

P.S. But I still like "In the Stone"...

P.S. But I still like "In the Stone"...

LOL! Don't we all? ^OO^

...this was not a "concert" number.  "Big Noise...." was the concert number in 1980.

I have 5 faves:

1975 Muchachos "La Fiesta"

1977 Bridgemen "Land of Make Believe"

1979 Blue Devils "La Suerta De Los Tontos"

1979 Guardsmen "Tiger of San Pedro"1980 Spirit of Atlanta "Sweet Georgia Brown"

honorable mention....1982 Blue Devils "One More Time Chuck Corea", 1981 27th Lancers "Niner-Two", 1981 Madison Scouts "Malaguena"

SORRY, But Crossmen 1979 and 1980

Tiger of San Pedro, best it's ever sounded

IMO.......................................................

{}beat you to the punch St Mary{}

BD, was undefeated in 1982 "Honorable Mention" only?