Looking for...

Lancerlady

I'm wondering if anyone has made CD's of 1981? I have asked DCI and I went to the website, but don't see that yet. Does anyone know if this available? I have the 1981 on cassettes...but was just wondering. :rolleyes:

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I'm wondering if anyone has made CD's of 1981? I have asked DCI and I went to the website, but don't see that yet. Does anyone know if this available? I have the 1981 on cassettes...but was just wondering.  :rolleyes:

It's part of the Audio Collectors Series that they dont make anymore...

There is good news though!

I assume that when DCI begins to offer shows online from all years...which according to Mike Boo is sometime later this year...you'll be able to make your own 81 CD. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, Stephanie..Yes, as DCI didn't start with CDs until 89, you'd have to find someone to make them for you. I happen to be such a someone. A drum instructor friend of mine handed me a milk crate with 70 album in it going back to 1970 - PRE- DCI even. He had me convert them all to CD. They were in immactulate condition, so not much work was needed on them at all. I recorded all the albums to my hard drive, cleaned them up using Adobe Audition, saved them to mp3 AND burned them to CD. I kept from 1981 to 1989 here on my computer (I marched in the mid-80s so that's MY era). I also scanned all the album covers in and kept all those. So, I could make CDs of the Top 12 of any year going back to 1970 if needed complete with covers.

Email me at wolfy_is@geneseo.net if you're interested.

Mike

Geneseo Knights

1984-1987

I'm wondering if anyone has made CD's of 1981? I have asked DCI and I went to the website, but don't see that yet. Does anyone know if this available? I have the 1981 on cassettes...but was just wondering.  :laugh:

Well, I transfered my 81 top 24 to CD a few months ago.

~G~

If you buy the 81 DVD's (correct me if I'm wrong), you can listen to midwest championships, and there is an easter egg for finals recordings. I guess if you hooked up a mini-disc player to the audio out of the DVD, you could get a recording that way.

Just rip the audio from the DVD. That's what I did for '01 because they put our semis recording on the CD and it's nowhere near as good as finals.