some old corps photos

My information is that it will remain a high school football field, with bleacher seating for 1500.......which explains why BAC hopes to make the newly refurbished Veterans Stadium in Lawrence the new home for the Boston Crusaders home show each year.

Manning Bowl was the Boston Garden of the drum corps world.....

for those of us who remember great shows at great Stadiums. Here are pics of the end of an era. l dont know if these have been posted yet but the Manning Bowl in Lynn, MA, home to the World Open Championship among other major shows is gone... .. I marched there well over 20 shows in my career which started in 67 till 79. Went and saw the tear down when a friend called and said guess what. These pics were sent to me....

end of an era......

Manning_Bowl_008-02.jpg

Manning_Bowl_011-02.jpg

Manning_Bowl_012-02.jpg

Sacred soil. Hundreds of Thousands of Drum Corp youth left a little bit of thier youth and soul on that field. The ground is covered with DNA in the form of sweat and tears from all performances thru the years. Everyone who came to Manning Bowl left with memories that will last their lifetimes. Those who won and those who didnt would all have to agree that this was one special place. Hate to see it is gone. It was a real part of Drum Corp History. Maybe they will put up a sign stating that.

Wow how old was he, like 10? How cute!

1978 that would have made him "12" . 2 years later he was "JR"the kid on the podium with Al Chez playing behind the Drumline. OH so long ago! But they were good old days .I'm glad I stumbled onthe website

Very new to this...I'll get better!

What are you apologizing for? These pictures are great! Thanks so much for posting them!

Manning Bowl in better days...Troopers at 1970 World Open Prelims. :)

Troopers70.jpg

Sacred soil. Hundreds of Thousands of Drum Corp youth left a little bit of thier youth and soul on that field. The ground is covered with DNA in the form of sweat and tears from all performances thru the years. Everyone who came to Manning Bowl left with memories that will last their lifetimes. Those who won and those who didnt would all have to agree that this was one special place. Hate to see it is gone. It was a real part of Drum Corp History. Maybe they will put up a sign stating that.
  • Like 1

What a sad comparison. It is like there are ghosts on that field . . .

Troopers70.jpg

Manning_Bowl_008-02.jpg

Edited by Periphery

The Rolling Stones also played Manning Bowl.

(Not QUITE as good as the Troopers, but they did play there)

Hi A27Lancer. Here is a real ghost choker...27th storming Manning in the 1970 World Open Prelims.

27thLancers.jpg

The Rolling Stones also played Manning Bowl.

(Not QUITE as good as the Troopers, but they did play there)

Just went by there today. The field turf is in and one side of bleachers is installed. There is a decorative fence with brick posts surrounding the field. It's just not the same.