some old corps photos

1969 program scan Flying Dutchmen, Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario

1969-flyingdutchmen.jpg

There were a senior corps and became a junior corps, red, green, black uniforms if I recall.

Hey Linda, this picture is the only one I've ever seen with my Brother in this Flying Dutchmen uniform. This is their first uniform they wore for two years. I n the fall of 1969 they changed their uniform to the red, green and whiet that Keith is refering to, green top with a diagnal red and white stripe on the front with a with cumberbun.

I'll have to show him this picture, oh he's the snare drummer to the left of the big double bass drum.

WOW, this brings back a lot of great memories.

These guys got me hooked on drum corps !!

Edited by ODBC

Mike, I remember your dad well!..I never knew he was involved in drum corps too. So which one is he in these photos? Your dad was so nice to take me in your home just before tour in 76. We had some good times too!

The youngest... :thumbs-up:

I'll have to show him this picture, oh he's the snare drummer to the left of the big double bass drum.

WOW, this brings back a lot of great memories.

The program is dated May 31st, 1969, so I'm assuming it's a 1968 photo. This was a nice surprise for me too. Thanks. :thumbs-up:

Hey Linda, we (Royal Coachmen) did a lot of competitions in Canada...any pics?

I’ve posted a few as did others; some posts are labeled with Ontario or Quebec. I found this in the 1970 Shriners program advertising section with the caption ‘shakos, plumes, flags, badges and regalia’.

1970-2.jpg

1977 Alberta All Girls in Monte Carlo, photo sent to me 30 years ago from a French couple who were vacationing in Monaco at the time.

scan0008.jpg

Alberta All Girls had North America tours from 1970-79 inclusive. In addition, they toured Europe 1972, 73, 74 and 77 and were winter guard from 81-88. We said goodbye at our 19th reunion. The 1989 brochure says ‘we will remember our marching days and friendships too’. We did and had a few reunions since. :thumbs-up:

The youngest... :rolleyes:

Assuming the "martian" ??.........remember "Mike and I are conasuirs (spelling??) of rice" ??

I come from a long line of drum corps clowns...This is my Dad's corps from the 40's

Ladies and Gentlemen, The San Jose Red Devils....after the gig.

oldschool03.jpg

oldschool02-1.jpg

oldschool01.jpg

From what Louise said, Mike's dad is in the plaid shirt (in the top 2 photos) with the white drum strap.

Edited by Vickie Kingsmen

Thanks for the Wausau Story photo spread! I remember that issue of DCW.

Not that it matters, his last name is MAECK.

He was DM in 1976 also, then became the head horn instructor, even though he had another year left to march. He was pretty much the instructor in 75 too.

I think it was because most of his friends aged out in 1975 so decided to hang it up. He is a music teacher in a Minneapolis suburb.

Love the feet! :tongue:

Company front OTL.

Nuttin' better at the time.

And we all tried it.

Still would love to try it at a slow crouch run I saw one time.

Forget who it was - rehearsal video on UTube I think.

The whole corps coming at the camera really fast playing very smoothly.

I was stunned and said to myself now Who coud have thought of that?

Puppet