some old corps photos

Y'know, it is possible that we started the 79 season with a different set of flags... 29 years later, my rememberer might not function at full capacity. Too many of my brain cells gave their lives since then (especially DURING then). :laughing:

You know.... I perform neurological tests for a living. :lol:

heh

Y'know, it is possible that we started the 79 season with a different set of flags... 29 years later, my rememberer might not function at full capacity. Too many of my brain cells gave their lives since then (especially DURING then). :laughing:

The opposite for me......... I can remember all about the 70's and drum corps shows that I competed in, but ask me where I put my keys..... Like I'm susposed to remember something from 5 minutes ago!

I too am equipped with a dysfunctional rememberer, so I don't know why I try to verify or dispute anything at all, LOL!

For some reason, all I remember is the white flag with a yellow stripe, blue trim; no red star. But, then again, as I recall we hardly ever toured with Blue Stars, except for one show during first tour in '78 (Rockford, below, with the aforementioned turbans and capes, captured for posterity by my dad's camera). So the first I would've seen of Blue Stars was DCI prelims and/or finals.

bluestars.jpg

After looking through all 689 photos on the Blue Stars website, I found this photo which appears to be from the same year as the X formation photo above . . . but they don't identify the year!

1056508851.jpg

Ah, but here's this one . . . and it's IDed as 1974:

1056507825.jpg

Then again, here's one from 1971:

1056507029.jpg

Also from '71:

1055980826.jpg

And 1972:

1056506307.jpg

A couple from 1973:

1055985774.jpg

1055981472.jpg

And another couple from '74:

1055985965.jpg

1055985835.jpg

So I guess we can say that Grewvy's photo is no later than '74; as far as I can tell, that was the last year for the flag holders.

Edited by flamparadiddlediddle

These two pictures are definately 1979, because I can find myself in each of the formations. Plus the drumline that year had that distictive paint job and the scoops.

OK, comparing this photo:

with these photos I found on the Blue Stars website; they are identified as 1979, and the flag is striped with a star:

1057546166.jpg

1057546095.jpg

However, this parade photo, also IDed as '79, seems to show a plain-striped flag without the star:

Flamparadidlediddle....If you were in the snare line in 71,72 and 73 then you must know Bob Campos?....He was a good friend of mine in late 73 and 74 as he instructed the Golden Statesmen from San Diego. Any idea how he's doing these days?

Edited by KingsmenSnare76

These two pictures are definately 1979, because I can find myself in each of the formations. Plus the drumline that year had that distictive paint job and the scoops.

Aren't you in this picture here?

1076300618.jpg

He reacted as predicted, but I think I laughed louder! He says he remembers beating the Kingsmen that day...

I can't get over all your baby faces :dozingoff: . This one will get emailed to my baritone marching son- it's important for my boy to know his drum corps roots!

cleaned the garage, found some photos and programs, showed them to my guys 'look what i did' they said 'that's cool mom', then posted some on dcp, cool

You know.... I perform neurological tests for a living. :tongue:

heh

found my 1982 and 1983 finals programs last weekend...gotta ask permission...or make an appointment with you :dozingoff:

edit: the photos in the programs are beautiful and thanks to the photographers

Edited by lindap

Pioneer from the 1980 DCM Souvenir program

Pioneerfromthe1980DCMsouvenirprogra.jpg