some old corps photos

you sir had best check out the the 70's vids,,, 12 different finalists,,, and virtually 12 totally different designs,,,

now if you mean,, cadets style,, like,,, kingsmen and boston,, maybe seneca optimists.

but don't forget,,

27th, kilts, madison, troopers, EOC, vanguard, crossmen, blue stars, blue devils (don't forget the 76 change), garfield, (oh yes,, cadet style) oh,, VK and the banana crew,,,

sure, a number of corps had the cadet style,, or the silk and sash,,,

but now 'everyone' has the same style of jacket,, (including the alumni corps i march)..

Now,, watch last years vids,,,,

same shape, different colour... well there is,, ummmm,,, wait,,, boston is same shape different colour,, but it's made to look like a cadet uni,, and of course troop,,now,, who else is kinda different,,,

oh yeah,,

no one..

just saying,,, looking at the diversity of uni then to now,,,

You mean like how so many corps BITD wore either cadet tunics or silks with a sash?? Yeah....those all looked different.

It's an old and tired argument....and ignores the fact that so MANY corps way back when DID look a great deal alike...how many times has someone posted in this very thread, asking about the ID of a corps wearing cadets in a black and white photo???

you sir had best check out the the 70's vids,,, 12 different finalists,,, and virtually 12 totally different designs,,,

now if you mean,, cadets style,, like,,, kingsmen and boston,, maybe seneca optimists.

but don't forget,,

27th, kilts, madison, troopers, EOC, vanguard, crossmen, blue stars, blue devils (don't forget the 76 change), garfield, (oh yes,, cadet style) oh,, VK and the banana crew,,,

sure, a number of corps had the cadet style,, or the silk and sash,,,

but now 'everyone' has the same style of jacket,, (including the alumni corps i march)..

Now,, watch last years vids,,,,

same shape, different colour... well there is,, ummmm,,, wait,,, boston is same shape different colour,, but it's made to look like a cadet uni,, and of course troop,,now,, who else is kinda different,,,

oh yeah,,

no one..

I was referring to even farther back....40s-60s....I AM aware of uni differences in the 70s...I just get tired of the same old "everyone looks alike" argument when that WAS very true long ago. I have no trouble telling corps apart visually....I've never confused Bluecoats or Blue Knights with Blue Devils (the most oft used comparison)

oh yeah,,

no one..

Spirit headed down the very same path...

i understand, and i understand,,,

I was referring to even farther back....40s-60s....I AM aware of uni differences in the 70s...I just get tired of the same old "everyone looks alike" argument when that WAS very true long ago. I have no trouble telling corps apart visually....I've never confused Bluecoats or Blue Knights with Blue Devils (the most oft used comparison)

Whoa, great photos, but too much senior-itis in here. (Don't #### with me. It's my birthday.)

Sky Ryders 1986. Springfield, MO. Taken by my girlfriend.

UNTITLED81.jpg

Troopers spelling out HI MOM in the drum solo, Whitewater 1982.

Slide74.jpg

Would anyone care for a Banana? At the circus? Whitewater 1981.

Slide28.jpg

Happy B-day!!! And nice pics!

Some nice Ed Ferguson pictures of SCV 1982. (More tonight)

vanguard82.jpg

vanguard82-2.jpg

vanguard82-3.jpg

vanguard82-4.jpg

I like this picture. Imagine holding a 40 pound contra on your shoulder, high stepping, and playing in 90 degrees. I think I need a nap.

I like this picture also. Some of the members are carrying something on their belt?

1972 The Big Ten program cover, Hamilton, Ontario, hosted by Hamilton Jaycees.

18 corps competed during the day, 10 finalists competed in the evening.

The program has 3 corps per page X 6 pages equaling 18 photos.

I’ll intermittently post like the program order, 3 at a time.

Photos: courtesy of Eric McConachie

72big10-a-cover-a.jpg