some old corps photos

Why is there a white line taped on the inside of the guards boots?

I realize this question was asked quite a long time ago re: the 2-7 guard inside taped boots and I'm not sure if it was answered yet so I thought while I took a quick look I'd answer it.

The white line inside the boot was supposed to line up with the outside line of the skirt as we moved/marched forward. As well, when we marked time, it was supposed to line up, in both cases giving maybe a longer/taller look. I'll look for some pics where you might be able to see it actually happening.

I hated having to ruin my boots when we went from pants 76 thru 78 back to skirts in 79. It ripped the leather off when putting on new clean tape. :blink:

I realize this question was asked quite a long time ago re: the 2-7 guard inside taped boots and I'm not sure if it was answered yet so I thought while I took a quick look I'd answer it.

The white line inside the boot was supposed to line up with the outside line of the skirt as we moved/marched forward. As well, when we marked time, it was supposed to line up, in both cases giving maybe a longer/taller look. I'll look for some pics where you might be able to see it actually happening.

I hated having to ruin my boots when we went from pants 76 thru 78 back to skirts in 79. It ripped the leather off when putting on new clean tape. :blink:

Good to see you posting on here again, Nancy. It's been a long time!!

Hey! Welcome back, Nancy!

02snoopy.gif

78-b-stars3.jpg

Is this one from '78? I think I recognize my old buddy Tom Nanni on the 2nd Kbd.

That's '77. Wayne Rahl was the bell player in '78.

Good to see you posting on here again, Nancy. It's been a long time!!
Hey! Welcome back, Nancy!

02snoopy.gif

What they said!! Plus, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Agreed. I marched with them in '74 and it was all I could do to concentrate on my own drill and not wander, just plain unfair sometimes!!

When I first started marching I had heard about the "hotpants" they wore. Then before a show, a Blue Star color guard member and I walked passed each other in the hallway of the school we were at. That was the first time I saw what everyone was talking about up close. All I can say is "YOWSA!!!!!". Sorry to say I didn't try to talk to her. I was a tall skinny shy 16 year old at that time. I didn't know what to do. :blink: I am proud to say that later I was taught well by my elder Cavalier brothers as to what to do in those situations. It served me well later on in life :blink:

When I first started marching I had heard about the "hotpants" they wore. Then before a show, a Blue Star color guard member and I walked passed each other in the hallway of the school we were at. That was the first time I saw what everyone was talking about up close. All I can say is "YOWSA!!!!!". Sorry to say I didn't try to talk to her. I was a tall skinny shy 16 year old at that time. I didn't know what to do. :blink: I am proud to say that later I was taught well by my elder Cavalier brothers as to what to do in those situations. It served me well later on in life :blink:

Ok, truth be told, the hot pants were very flattering and yielding but, I think there's a couple of other forces at play here. The boots were an integral part of the look, acting as the bottom part of the frame and the pants as the top--with the navy blue, tan, and white color scheme working well and boots providing the locomotion. Topped with a matching white turtle shell with a RED plume the look was undeniable. If they had say, black Trooper length boots, they would not look nearly as interesting. Well, maybe they would, but that's not the point!