some old corps photos

Bill & Tommy-

Thanks! To quote Farber College.."Knowledge is Good"

Faber.

78 Wakins Glen Squires

78squires.JPG

78squires2.JPG

Where did Skokie Imperials fit in?

I believe the Skokie Imperials were the final version of the Norwood Park Imperials ...

:-)

Cheryl and her brother Lee were both in Commanders with me. I have run into her a few times over the years at different gatherings and contests. I think she might be still involved with the activity in the Simcoe United Alumni corps...

The Highland Creek Boys Band was formed in 1961 and became a parade band. The fire department took over sponsorship around 1964 and changed the name to Scarborough Firefighters. In 1965, females were introduced to the band and were the National Standstill champions. 1966 marked the first year the Scarborough Firefighters Drum and Bugle corps went into Jr “B” competition.

Their (our) feeder corps was called Sparkies. Late 1971, our corps was sponsored by the Borough of Scarborough until August 1972 when we were sponsored by Seneca College. I had the pleasure of being Sparkies guard instructor 71-72. In 1972 Sparkies (parade class) were briefly named Scarborough Knights from which many had joined the East Scarborough Kinsmen which were founded in 1972 and continued until 1976 (I think).

We started the Seneca Knights sometime in 1973 or 74. This corps lasted about a year. All I remember is the 1975 Seneca Princemen had a lot of young members. The Cardinals were founded in 1969 and the last time I saw them was in 1976. I posted a photo of Sparkies on page 1741 of this thread. If many Sparkies went to East Scarborough Kinsmen or to the Cardinals of Scarborough, then that was a good thing; it’d be a short drive to practice, a factor as to where a kid would march, some of whom were as young as 7 or 8 years old and were siblings.

note to myself…get a passport…it’s on my to-do-list :)

I know of a nice host in the Milwaukee/ Racine area that could take care of you! :smile:

The last two horns on the right I'm guessing are fluegles. When were they first introduced to drum corps?

HornsUp, this one's for you!

Kilties, 196? IIRC.