some old corps photos

Didn't Black Knights do a Miami Dolphin half time show back in the 70's?

1971 program, St. Joseph’s, also known as Mighty St. Joes

71-st-joes-2.jpg

What a great looking uniform MSJ wore. They could really play too both drums and horns. Too bad they couldn't march.......

Question: are the Alberta Girls and the Edmonton all-Girls, the same corps?

ALEdmontonAllGirlButton.jpg

They were 2 organizations. Edmonton All Girls Marching Ambassadors were founded in 1966 as a band.

http://drumcorpswiki.com/Edmonton_All-Girl...ing_Ambassadors

Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band were founded in 1970 as a drum corps. Both had feeder corps in the late 70’s so 4 all girls’ organizations from 1 city plus about 4 or 5 co-ed drum corps and/or bands. Here’s a photo I took early 80’s of retreat at an AWGA contest; l-r are Canadian Royalaires, Edmonton All Girls (IIRC) and 1st Canadian Regiment.

w-g-03.jpg

Stockton California's Joaquin Caballeros Senior Drum and Bugle Corps played the half time for the Oakland Raiders back in the early sixties. I remember when we were standing behind the Raiders bench about three feet back waiting to go on for the half time performance I looked over at one of the linemens legs and said that his thigh was larger than my waist.

Stockton California's Joaquin Caballeros Senior Drum and Bugle Corps played the half time for the Oakland Raiders back in the early sixties. I remember when we were standing behind the Raiders bench about three feet back waiting to go on for the half time performance I looked over at one of the linemens legs and said that his thigh was larger than my waist.

Don't know about that, but I remember Troopers playing halftime of a Dallas/Green Bay exhibition game in 1967. I also remember seeing SCV on TV playing the halftime of a Stanford game in 1972 or 1973. And, one of the more famous pictures of the Kilties was them playing a halftime show for a Packer game at Milwaukee County Stadium in the late '60s.

Don't know about that, but I remember Troopers playing halftime of a Dallas/Green Bay exhibition game in 1967. I also remember seeing SCV on TV playing the halftime of a Stanford game in 1972 or 1973. I also vaguely remember seeing Hawthorne playing the halftime of an NFL game in the early '70s. And, one of the more famous pictures of the Kilties was them playing a halftime show for a Packer game at Milwaukee County Stadium in the late '60s.

When I marched in the Scouts in 1976 we payed a half time for a Packer/Boston game in Boston.

It was a pre-season game in mid-August (a day or 2 before CYO) and was nationally televised.