some old corps photos

I know no one here knows me, but "Looky there!" :tongue: The only corps photo of me that I know of.

heylookythat.jpg

Americanos '74

edit: reduced photo size

Edited by Tin Guardian

I know no one here knows me, but "Looky there!" :tongue: The only corps photo of me that I know of.

heylookythat.jpg

Americanos '74

edit: reduced photo size

That's a nice photo. Do us a favor and post any other photos you may have. BTW give us the particulars of this photo please.

It looks like Lawrence stadium in Appleton, but the reason for the show escapes me. Odd that it is a daytime shot, if it was during a game the seats and slope in back would be full of people...

Many of my DC memories are resurfacing just from reading this site and looking at all the photos :thumbup:

I'll need to get permission before posting more (the photos are not mine), but in the meantime, there are several hundred shots available for viewing at americanosalumni.org :tongue:

82 27th drum line could roll out of a dead sleep and play a #### clean show!!!

This photo is actually from 1981. End snare is Steve Twomey from Malden. He marched 80 and 81. And thanks for the compliments. I was teaching the line, and we had very motivated players.

This photo is actually from 1981. End snare is Steve Twomey from Malden. He marched 80 and 81. And thanks for the compliments. I was teaching the line, and we had very motivated players.

The 81 book had some of the best writing ever. Niner-Two, esp the shout chorus, is some of the most over-the-top, hysterical, brilliant writing I ever heard.

I just had dinner last night with 2 guys that marched in 80 and 81 27th, who both went on to SCV in 83 and BD in 84! We were talking about those incredible 27th lines, and how their basics program sustained that percussion program for so long. Some GREAT teaching, and some great teachers!

I agree about Niner-Two. Slurred rolls, diddles, and ram to the MAX!

I just had dinner last night with 2 guys that marched in 80 and 81 27th, who both went on to SCV in 83 and BD in 84! We were talking about those incredible 27th lines, and how their basics program sustained that percussion program for so long. Some GREAT teaching, and some great teachers!

Was Joe White one of them?? Who was the other? We had about a dozen -- maybe more -- SCV'ers move to BD in 84.

Joe White - 27th-SCV-BD tenor; Mike Lore - 27th-SCV-BD snare.

Both were a part of that great transitional BD line who earned a 1984 DCI High Drums 19.8 score.

Interestingly, their Alma Mater (1984 27th Lancers) scored a 19.7.

ALSO......

Steve "Goose" Gosselin (1982-1983 27th snare) marched BD snare 1985-1986.

Steve Campbell (1983 27th snare /BD snare 84-86 / DCI snare I&E champ 1985: 99.0; 1986: 100.00)

Many thanks to Charlie Poole and Jack Cash

duzz-ga-duzzzzzzz....duzz-ga-duzzzzzzz....duzz-ga-duzz-duzz-ga-DAT!

- 1984 BD Alum

Both were a part of that great transitional BD line who earned a 1984 DCI High Drums 19.8 score.

ALSO......

Steve Campbell (1983 27th snare /BD snare 84-86 / DCI snare I&E champ 1985: 99.0; 1986: 100.00)

- 1984 BD Alum

Thanks, Robb.....I was gonna say Steve Campbell...but then remembered he came to us from 27th, not SCV. Forgot about "Manson."

ALSO......

- 1984 BD Alum

After the "tic" system of course!