some old corps photos

scan0068.jpg

See previous page for the other side...

Edited by RetiredJedi

Can't say that I ever saw the Purple Lancers in person, but I heard of them. I'm glad you got a copy and posted this.

The drill, uniform, flags looks pretty much like many of the 70's corps I ever saw.

What is the origin of the name Purple Lancers? :dontgetit:

Baja, if you want to know more about the corps which you never saw, go to http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=9...9d-6a70d69dbf5a

1974PurpleLancersinDivergents.jpg

1974 Auburn Purple Lancers

At our recent reunion in Rochester over DCA weekend, one of my old corpsmates brought this sparkling memory from my best year of competition. This was from our OTL playing "Divergents". We finished tenth accomplishing our goal to become a DCI finalist. We are still the only NYS corps to achieve this.

I remember seeing this on sale at a photo table at a show that season and thought it was a lost memory until the reunion. :dontgetit:

Does anyone know if this was the year that there was a male rifle member who would throw 10s and 12s thruout the show? Or was it maybe 73?

I enjoyed it!

Loved that corps!

Does anyone know if this was the year that there was a male rifle member who would throw 10s and 12s thruout the show? Or was it maybe 73?

I enjoyed it!

Loved that corps!

Man....that would be a bad toss to lose in the lights....how high would that have to bee to get that many rotations?? A 9 is high enough for me (last one in 06 BD comes to mind....I THINK it was a 9)

Just to keep these from getting lost in the sands of time, there are some nice photos posted in these threads:

'81 Whitewater - Garfield Cadets

'81 Whitewater - Santa Clara

'81 Whitewater - Guardsmen

'81 Whitewater - Crossmen

'81 Whitewater - Cavaliers

Just to keep these from getting lost in the sands of time, there are some nice photos posted in these threads:

'81 Whitewater - Garfield Cadets

'81 Whitewater - Santa Clara

'81 Whitewater - Guardsmen

'81 Whitewater - Crossmen

'81 Whitewater - Cavaliers

yesterday I searched on this thread for Cadets and got 25 pages. There'd be alot of corps with Cadets in their name, historically speaking. Then I searched Garfield and got 16 pages...umm

1982 program Garfield Cadets ;-) Good times. Who's the 2 in blue?

1982a-cadets-a.jpg

scan0068.jpg

See previous page for the other side...

Thanks RetiredJedi. The other day I realized I could opt for early retirement 2 months ago. Where did the time go? Gotta make a retirement plan now :-)

1982 program Schaumburg Guardsmen

1982a-guardsmen-a.jpg

Who's the 2 in blue?

I'm not sure. Looks like a Santa Clara uniform, only blue and black. :tongue: