some old corps photos

Cedarburg's 33rd Annual "Festival of Music", June 1980 (cont.)

cdbg80scouts.jpg

Madison Scouts in concert.

I looked here and there; there's very few photos of Windjammers of Wisconsin. Very cool of you Tin. Thanks :-)

My pleasure!

I hope to find more of them and other lost corps... this is easily the best treasure hunt I've ever been on. :thumbup:

Cedarburg's 33rd Annual "Festival of Music", June 1980 (cont.)

cdbg80wbpatriots.jpg

West Bend Patriots

Forgive my ignorance, but I have never heard of the West Bend Patriots. What can you or anyone tell us about them? They are not listed in corpreps. They do list a corps from Fox Point but with no information.

BTW, I agree with Lindap, I too have searched for Windjammers and found maybe one or two photos. So that photo is great to see. Many thanks!!

Left to right: Mark Murray, Craig Matthews, Larry Stormer(I think), Laki Theo and Joe Murray

Thanks, Mike! I was hoping someone would ID these guys. I got to know Larry, Laki, and Joe when they were instructing & didn't recognize any of them here.

Any idea why the scout hats instead of the Aussies? I know Scouts went to Aussies in '73...were these what they wore for parades?

Forgive my ignorance, but I have never heard of the West Bend Patriots. What can you or anyone tell us about them? They are not listed in corpreps. They do list a corps from Fox Point but with no information.

Currently I have little information on them, but hope to find more. Along with the Patriots were the WB Seniors D&BC, again, currently little info for them.

Here is the text that accompanied the photo posted:

"WEST BEND PATRIOTS - Following their most successful year of competition, the Patriots are embarking on their sixth year as one of the most entertaining and refreshing corps in the midwest. They will take the field resplendent in their Red, White & Blue attire of original design. The brass instructional staff is lead by Jay Johnson, who also arranged the brass charts. John Broecker heads the percussion staff and authored the percussion charts. The Corps direction is provided by Doug Schaefer. The Patriots are sponsored solely by the Patriots Booster Club."

Thanks, Mike! I was hoping someone would ID these guys. I got to know Larry, Laki, and Joe when they were instructing & didn't recognize any of them here.

Any idea why the scout hats instead of the Aussies? I know Scouts went to Aussies in '73...were these what they wore for parades?

I didn't march in '73 but I believe they switched to the Aussie hats (the real floppy ones) mid year in '73.

Whew! I am finding so much stuff I am seriously making a mess of myself, hehe!

Here are two more - Grafton WI, July 1976.

windjammers76.jpg

Windjammers in a very wet parade.

stjohnsgirls76.jpg

St. John's Girls lighting up the field.

More from Grafton, July 1976.

marquis76.jpg

Fond du Lac Marquis

wausaustory76.jpg

Wausau Story

clevecabs76.jpg

Cleveland Caballeros