some old corps photos

I well remember the Sheffield PA show! I was there in 1968 and 1969 with the RHLI as exhibition corps. Our write-up in the program notes was pretty funny..."By special permission of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the 2nd who has graciously allowed the bugle band of the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry to appear...etc." Jeez, we were just a bunch of mopes from Hamilton Ontario who were in the reserves! I recall seeing Marion Cadets, St. John's Girls and I think Cleveland Caballeros at that show. Marion had a really great corps in 1969 playing "Joker" OTL. The Sheffield trip was one of our high-lights. Thanks for the photo!

Hey Bruce. You were the best winter guard cadence drummer ever. Sheffield was a nice site. I liked Altoona too. Here's Scarborough Firefighters 1970 L-R Bruce DM, Cheryl guarding the national flag, Donna and Edith on rifle. In 1970 we won 3 Junior B championships - Ontario, Penn-York and Nationals. A reunion was scheduled in Lindsay, Ontario September 2010. It was cancelled. ok, I guess, was in Vancouver then. Reunions are alot of work but worth the effort. Maybe they'll try again :-)

70-firefighters3.jpg

Yea, the show was right next to the carnival, judges on a firetruck, and the parade was on Route 666 (NO LIE!!!)

I was there the same years. Sheffield - out in the middle of nowhere and if I recall, the field was in the middle of town and the show always during the day (no lights?). The show was one of the high points of the town's summer festival, and everyone in town showed up. remember one if the years it poured but the show went on, even with part of the field flooded - lost my shoe somewhere on the 30 yard line.

...Route 666 (NO LIE!!!)

The hell you say! :sleeping:

Here is some of the stuff I'm finding - I'll need to reshoot much of what I got; bad lighting, page curvature, poor sections, etc.

Excuse the fingers too...

Cedarburg's 26th Annual "Festival of Music", June 26-28 1973.

cdg73leadstory.jpg

Got to love Blue Stars guard in hot pants and also Capitolaires...great looking girls from Wisconsin!

cdg73bluestars.jpg

I was there the same years. Sheffield - out in the middle of nowhere and if I recall, the field was in the middle of town and the show always during the day (no lights?). The show was one of the high points of the town's summer festival, and everyone in town showed up. remember one if the years it poured but the show went on, even with part of the field flooded - lost my shoe somewhere on the 30 yard line.

I think when DCI lost these kinds of community festival shows that's where we lost the game....