some old corps photos

The Spirit pictures were taken in Stockton, Ca on or about 10/10/1980

Spirit4.jpg 

Here we go again, October 10, 1980?

Sue, where are the lacey ascots around their necks and at what point did they take them off for concert, or did they come off with the jackets?

See, now I want more specifics. Maybe they added them after these pics were taken. Anyway, it's still the same way, so many things change by the finals video, especially back then, the season was much longer!!

You know I just watched 80 yesterday and even the jackets looked like they changed from here to finals or do you remember a black belt and what looks to be maybe blue socks and loud orange streamers on the rifles......yep, here we go again....I'll PM you so people don't have to listen to us....see I don't even remember from yesterday....oh my.... :blink:

Time for zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZs but I'll PM tomorrow for a critique of this new pic! :music: :)

Edited by LancerFi

I would like to put this question before those who of you who march or marched.

Have you ever been going along, having a "decent" tour and then

all of a sudden there comes a point where the staff tells you

"This bus won't make it up the hill in front of us with all of you aboard so

let's get off and start walking" Up hill, in 90+ temp?

Conquis1.jpg

Yeah, decent by our standards (27's) :P But we'd get out and help push the bus up the hill! b**bs

He didn't march Spirit in '79....he was with Blah....I mean Blue Stars.

I resemble that remark! But, it's ok cuz 79 Blah Stars beat the Crosseyedmen by 3 points. We were so blah... (...how blah were they?...) we beat Bridgemen at DCI East and took 4th most blah horns at nationals. Snore.... :P

Yeah, decent by our standards (27's) :P But we'd get out and help push the bus up the hill! b**bs

Not quite THAT bad but we did have an incident in 72 when; returning from the Cleveland area on the Ohio Turnpike, one of the busses blew an engine. One of the other busses pushed it all the way home. When we got to the Toll Gate to exit the look on the booth attendant's face was priceless when the driver of the bus said"She sure runs quiet don't she"!

The Spirit pictures were taken in Stockton, Ca on or about 10/10/1980

Spirit4.jpg 

Wait....I know shows ran late, but folks we're talking about a corps from GA doing a show in CA in October??? Sorry, the date just doesn't sound right to me. It would make sense for them to do one near GA....with half the corps. Got to remember many kids were in school or lived out of state.

Not only that but this picture had to have been taken BEFORE July 8th.....after that day, they wore black arm bands in memory of Jim Ott.

Let me ask Schneeed if they were doing shows that late. Hey at least we were confirmed the year was 1980. b**bs

Edited by Malibu

I resemble that remark!  But, it's ok cuz 79 Blah Stars beat the Crosseyedmen by 3 points.  We were so blah... (...how blah were they?...) we beat Bridgemen at DCI East and took 4th most blah horns at nationals.  Snore.... :P

Yeah, true you guys beat us in the end, but in an actual head to head meet, we beat you more times than you did us. Heck, we beat Bridgemen and 27th Lancers everal times that year. That year will always put a bad taste in my mouth! :music:

Wait....I know shows ran late, but folks we're talking about a corps from GA doing a show in CA in October??? Sorry, the date just doesn't sound right to me. It would make sense for them to do one near GA....with half the corps. Got to remember many kids were in school or lived out of state.

Not only that but this picture had to have been taken BEFORE July 8th.....after that day, they wore black arm bands in memory of Jim Ott.

Let me ask Schneeed if they were doing shows that late. Hey at least we were confirmed the year was 1980.  b**bs

No, we haven't. Spirit didn't go to California in 1980. These pictures are probably from 1979.

No, we haven't.  Spirit didn't go to California in 1980.  These pictures are probably from 1979.

A HAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Any questions??? LOL Sue where are you?

We're not actually sure if both of those pictures coincide with each other. I didn't think they wore black belts or blue socks in 80.....I'm done!

I finally give up!!!!!!!!!!! Not caring anymore if it's 79 or 80 in 2005!

For some reason I thought the DM in white wasn't this guy, I thought he was bigger in 80...but I'm not going there......nope, won't go there, won't even click on this thread again.....

Edited by LancerFi

I *KNEW* that photo above was not 1980. I was looking for black arm bands...and the guard did not have those tunic tops on with the black "delta"...in 1980, they wore the short jackets with black leotard tops and the lace dickey underneath.

Edited by SBrancheau