some old corps photos

Talk about historic....

1_tick_sheet.jpg

friggin' tenor drummers... always tickin' all over the place.

:P

This was definitely 1974 and was in Southern California because I remember taking this picture while sitting on my bike. I believe it's the Blue Stars (?) and that's Donny Porter instructing.

Hey Dave Tuttle, got any more pictures from 1980?

BlueStars74.jpg

Don Porter only worked with them in 1975 and they had 8 snares that year. It was one of the best drumlines they ever had. I was a tech that year.

Don Porter only worked with them in 1975 and they had 8 snares that year. It was one of the best drumlines they ever had. I was a tech that year.

I would say it is Blue Rock, in 74 they toured out west. Also the color of the tymps, was copper. The end snare looks like Sue Daughterty.

tired and old in pa

79Devils.jpg

1979 Blue Devils class picture...

As always, the Blue Devils personify class. I lament, we never, ever took a corps photo like BD and other do. I don't have a photo of the corps when I marched. And, if it wasn't for the DCI photo shoots right after prelims in the late 1970's and early 80's, I'd never have a photo of the kids I taught.

Another favorite from the 1976 Blue Devil yearbook:

BD0044.jpg

Lee, that was my last retreat also!! It's a great picture. I STILL to this day, miss marching!!!

Just learned how to post pictures, only because someone else had the nerve to ask and I got the directions!!!! HA!

BlueDevils.jpg

Great pic Deb! Hey...maybe come up to Bridgemen with us "kids" if ya miss marchin???? We can only hope.....take care & have a great Thanksgiving!!!

:P

Ok, I started at the begining of this thread, and only found 1 or 2 pics of my old corps. I borrowed a few images from the corps site and I am posting them here. All photos from www.silversabres.homestead.com

70.jpg

1970 Salina Silver Sabres

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

Jr_Drum_Corps.jpg

Not sure of the year...(before my time )

Jr__Corps.jpg

way back when

Broken_Bus_69.jpg

I think 1969

More Salina Silver Sabres !!

Show_18.jpg

1977 My year !! I'm the 3rd Contra from the left. Little short sop player just off the screen right of the rifles, is Troy Vancil, now on the city planning board in Salina...Guess he grew up.

Joni_W__show.jpg

Joni Webber

Show_6.jpg

Copy_of_new1.jpg

The soloist is Mark Baker

Edited by Old School Contra Guy

More Salina Silver Sabres

untitled19.jpg

practice at Arrowhead Stadium, we did the halftime at the Chiefs/LA Rams preseason game

untitled12.jpg

Shirtless soloist is Craig Warner (if memory serves me correctly)

untitled13.jpg

More to come...turkey induced nap coming on !