some old corps photos

way back when

Broken_Bus_69.jpg

I think 1969

The more things change the more they remain the same

BDBusPushFinal.jpg

I think bus troubles are a staple of any drum corps experience.

When Crossmen came out to the West Coast in 1979 or 1980, they ended up losing two busses. I remember sitting in LA, waiting while our buses went to pick up some of the stranded corps.

P.S. BTW, we hit the 1,000,000 views mark. Happy Thanksgiving!

Broken_Bus_69.jpg

LOL - that could have been the 27th Lancers - any year - trying to leave Revere to go on tour. b**bs

Happy 1000000th ! :worthy:

More "Vintage" Salina Silver Sabres

Tymp.jpg

contra.jpg

Jon.jpg

Bill1.jpg

Bill Dubiel, went on to march with Blue Stars, along with his sister Katy. I found her in the 1979 Blue Stars class picture, a few hundred pages back.

Hey Kevin, ya never know!! Maybe I will!!!!

Deb

Hope to see you soon!!!!!!!

I think bus troubles are a staple of any drum corps experience.

When Crossmen came out to the West Coast in 1979 or 1980, they ended up losing two busses. I remember sitting in LA, waiting while our buses went to pick up some of the stranded corps.

P.S. BTW, we hit the 1,000,000 views mark. Happy Thanksgiving!

Yep, that was 1979 and your bus driven by our corps director came to rescue us in the desert. We were all sitting in some small diner waiting to order when we saw a Blue Devils bus roll up. He took us to the show's parking lot where SCV had cooked us something to eat. Good thing not many of us ate from that diner, a couple of the kids got food poisoning from eating there.

I do think that summer we all learned an important lesson......putting the competitive part aside and help your neighbor.

There is rumor that one of our buses was taken over by some Indian tribe and turned into a road side diner. I wonder if they called it BONES?! :P

Bill1.jpg

Bill Dubiel, went on to march with Blue Stars, along with his sister Katy. I found her in the 1979 Blue Stars class picture, a few hundred pages back.

BIG PICTURE ALERT!!!!

post-2-1110495550.jpg

Let's play find Katy and Bill!!!! B)